Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

T-Tail Q500??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 08:50 AM
diggs_74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Tail Q500??

I was browsing around Ebay a couple days ago and ran upon a Q500 plane with a T-tail, I don't recall what it said the kit was but I must admit it looked pretty good. I started thinking I wouldn't mind something like that just to be a little different, maybe a Seeker "T" Type Anyway I was wondering how one would go about setting up the linkage for that. Any info would be great.

Thanks.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:37 AM
splatt

Default RE: T-Tail Q500??

Hello Lee,

The one t tail I had used a cable buried in vertical stab that made a S curve up to the horizontal stab. I had to glass the whole tail. Flew Ok , my caller complained on how to push it.

See you at months end , bring your appetite. In years past we've had good steaks and corn to throw on the grill after "the big one"
Old 07-13-2004, 11:56 AM
diggs_74

I found some light weight CF bell cranks that a buddy got in a bunch of stuff off Ebay.... I thought about using those in a composite tail. I don't like the thought of using a cable for the elevator at high speeds. I'm just trying to figure out something to do with the old Doddger wing... I'd like to take a crack at working one up from scratch just to say I did.

As far as the "Big Race" goes I'm planning on racing the Seeker for the first time. I'm going to put some flights on it tonight and ring it out a little.

Who do I talk to about getting a back plate mount for my AX.. If we can still use them that is. As I recall some one was selling them this spring.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:34 AM
splatt

Our club prez, Dick Steine has those AX flush mounts. Do you need one before the big one ? I can ship you one if you want.

Looks like a bunch of Minnesota guys, including our Daven got to the finals for quickie, check out nmpra.org for Darrol's
Old 07-14-2004, 09:06 AM
diggs_74

I thought about using my AX on the Seeker because the FX that's on it isn't really blowing my hair back. [] The FX that is on my Sonic hits 200+ more RPM's on the ground than the one on my Seeker with the same prop.... If you have one to loan me that would be greatly apreciated. I flew the Seeker last night a few times to get the feel of it and the only thing I think I have to change is the aileron throw, it's too slow and I end up coming around further than I want before getting it straight. Other than that it flies well.

I posted some stuff in the News section of the NCPL forum regarding our big Fun Fly in August.

http://216.110.135.253/cgi-bin/yabb/...num=1089811695

Talk to you later.