Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Basin Race

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 08:58 PM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Basin Race

Barry, is the upcoming Basin Race still going on as scheduled for the 20th & 21 of this month?

BV
Old 11-05-2004, 09:49 AM
bl10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Basin Race

Yep.

Bill you going to PHX next weekend. Jimmy needs all the support he can get. He wants to make this a regular event at Speedworld. I doubt we will do a Feb or Nov race next year at the Basin and the Aug race will be one day instead of two if we do it at all. In other words the basin will be cutting down from 8 races to 4.

Barry
Old 11-05-2004, 01:19 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Hi guys. I'm going to try and make it to the Basin race this month. I have a Predator ready to go and this will be my first race ever. Hopefully I wont make a fool of myself. My question is, I'd like to use a hockey helmet because that's all I have...is this sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

Spence
Old 11-05-2004, 02:35 PM
colesifer3d314
My Feedback: (9)

it will work fine...as long as u have somthing on ur head nobody really minds what kind of helmet it is...i wear a BMX helmat...

Im going to try to make it this month since i wont be able to make it to the november fall race here at speedworld...Hey Bill, check ur PM on TR

Cole
Old 11-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Barry, Yes I'm going to SpeedWorld.

Bummer on the cutbacks.

BV
Old 11-05-2004, 10:47 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Nothing wrong with a Hockey Helmet. Us in the great white north would appreciate it.

We got a guy who wears a Motorcycle helmet. His opinion, is if he's going to wear a helmet, he might as well wear something that will protect him.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:12 AM
aseaholm

I’ve been using a standard construction hard hat and when setting down my brother’s racer, that he borrowed from me, my lid fell off and landed right between the wing and tail. I really don’t want this to happen with one of my composites because you know it will land bill down right into the wing.

Anyway, I got to surfer the other day and found this little beauty.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...entPage=family

I think they have other teams but who would waste their hard earned money on another team??? Especially a purple horned helmet?

Anybody know where to get these without the logo? I’m sure they’d be about $20 cheaper…

I figure, if don’t fly as fast as the big boys, at least try to look like you do…
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75630.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	190401  
Old 11-06-2004, 10:10 AM
bl10

Spence and Cole:
Hope to see you both at the Basin. Spence don’t worry about not setting the world on fire when your just starting out. Remember we let beginning pilots fly 9 laps while the more experienced guys fly 10. From the sounds of things Cole will probably have to fly 11.

Barry
Old 11-06-2004, 07:22 PM
P. Johnson

aseaholm,
You can find these helmets at the local K-mart,Walmart in the sporting goods section for about $15,,,,they seem to be all the that the skateboard kids will wear,(yes My son is in to the whole skater thing ) I plan on borowing his for the race season next year. The strap under the chin works well and it stays on . (they are laght weight too)

Peter
Old 11-06-2004, 07:58 PM
HighPlains

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

AJ,

Now that a GREAT looking logo!

Fortunately, you fly better than Chiefs drive.

Bob
Old 11-07-2004, 07:13 PM
colesifer3d314
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: bl10

Spence and Cole:
Hope to see you both at the Basin. Spence don’t worry about not setting the world on fire when your just starting out. Remember we let beginning pilots fly 9 laps while the more experienced guys fly 10. From the sounds of things Cole will probably have to fly 11.

Barry

HEHEHE I do not fly 424 anymore Barry..I have graduated to the big dogs class and will be flying 428 and Q-40 at the next Basin if i can get down there...

I have had alot of luck and good times in 424 for the months that i have been flying it, but yesterday was a bad day of practice with my T-Tail SAM-RAI...structural failure in the fuse lead to a dismount of the wing...with a nelson on the nose and it grooving pretty well..well, it wasnt good...here r the results...NO FEAR THOUGH i will have a new Quikee built for the Basin...

In the first pic u can c the airplane after the wreak...second pic is the wing...third pic is whatwent wrong...

Cole
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80765.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	190826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc90989.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	190827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65594.jpg