Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Air Foils

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Q500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Foils

Hello All,

Well having been out of racing now for about 10 years, the bug has struck yet once again, and now that I live in Arizona and have the wonderful RC Speedworld at my finger tips, I have decided to get back into racing. I would like to build my own Q500 planes and was seeking some help as to where I might be able to find a full size template of the most popular airfoils so that I can cut my own wing. Bear in mind that I have never cut foam but figured hey why not give it a shot. I have some designs in mind that I would like to create but need a current airfoil template to begin with.

Any help and or directions as to where I might find one that does not require a special program to print out would be most appreciated.

RF
Old 09-15-2005, 07:54 PM
colesifer3d314
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Air Foils

y dont u come out to speedworld this saterday and check out the last club race of the year...should be pretty good for a turnout...i will be there flying my 428 quickie and a Q-40..should be some others out there as well...will be able to gain alot of info regaurding ur airfoil design.

Cole
Old 09-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Q500

Hey Cole,

Sounds like a plan. What time does racing begin? How do I get information as to how to join the club? Does the club only fly 428 and 422 or do they also fly 424?

Thanks again for the race info.

Roger
Old 09-15-2005, 10:16 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

They fly 424 also. Head out and meet Cole, he will help you out.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Q500

Thanks Daven,

I'll be sure to look for Cole...

Now if I only knew what Cole looked like???????

Guess I'll just show up and scream out "HEY COLE!"

LOL.... I'm sure I'll be able to find him by asking around.

Thanks, I really do appreciate the help.

Roger
Old 09-15-2005, 11:26 PM
garys

Just look for the tall skinny kid with black and white airplanes with lots of checkers, and that will be Cole.

Another local for you to talk to is my racing partner, Jim Allen. He lives in east Mesa but is often at the Speedworld club races. Not sure if he'll make it this weekend or not as he's been out of town all week with training for his job. He's a good aero guy and can give you some pointers on airfoils and other details to make a fast, yet very good flying airplane.
GS
Old 09-15-2005, 11:28 PM
colesifer3d314
My Feedback: (9)

not that hard...im the young punk kid out there with my pants fallin off my @$$...right Norman??

or the only onw flyin airtronics at the whole damn place haha

u can join by talking to Paul Herman at the race and he will give u a paper to fill out...pay ur dues right on the spot and they will send u ur badge..pretty simple..racin starts at 9am sharp (not really) but ill be there round 730-8

Cole
Old 09-16-2005, 10:56 AM
SSAN

Roger,

Welcome aboard to RCU! Also, hope to see you this Saturday (9/17/05) at our Speedworld club race.

As for information to popular airfoils you're looking for, check this website out, http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/index.htm
You can find most information you will need in term of airfoil datas and aerodynamics for your future design.

Hope this helps.