Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Sonic 500 Servo space.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 03:27 AM
maxjanet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sonic 500 Servo space.

I am considering buying a Modeltech Sonic 500 Quickie Racer and when I talked about this model to a friend he remarked that standard JR 537 servos will not fit this model. I do not want to buy another set of small servos just to set-up this model. Can some one who owns one of these models please let me know if I can use standard sevos to fly this model? Thanks Max
Old 04-11-2006, 07:59 AM
P. Johnson
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Sonic 500 Servo space.

I don't know if the sonic has a back hatch or not, but I recomend putting all three servo's behind the wing. YES they will fit !! I have never had a small servo and have installed my standards in every Q500. YES they are tight and it takes some thinking, but they will fit.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:04 AM
maxjanet

Thanks for help. Max
Old 04-11-2006, 08:09 AM
diggs_74

You'll like the Sonic, they fly really well.. It will be worth the head scratching to get everything to fit.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:15 AM
P. Johnson
My Feedback: (1)

Max,
On some of the models that had a VERY thin fuse behind the wing, I had to install the throttle servo sideways just behind the wing, and the other 2 end to end. it made the hatch a little longer than I prefered, but I added a little glass on the insides of the fuse to reinforce the area and never had any problems. when I first started racing and most people flew scat cat type planes, i don't think anyone used small servo's and we always seemed to get the job done. I think the sonic is about the same size as a scat cat.