Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

$39 ARF Quickie

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 09:34 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $39 ARF Quickie

Wow, does this look like the perfect Quickie for some one new looking to get into pylon? I had a sonic as one of my first local racers, and it was a great plane. I would recommend this to anyone, what a deal!

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/123412.asp
Old 11-24-2006, 08:28 PM
BUDMAN27

Default RE: $39 ARF Quickie

Looks like it to me.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Duane-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Rumor has it another local club here in the Fort Worth area will be racing these with .25's on them. So, there are already three of us with them, but for $49.99, not the $39.99!!! Now what power to use, .25FX? And how much motor will these stand? If the racing doesn't happen, is like a TT Pro .40 about it, or can they take more?
Old 11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Looks like they sold out of the $39.99 ones, not sure if they are still available at $49.99, but thats still a great buy.

I'm sure they could take a .40/.46 not sure on the Nelson or Jetts though.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:26 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like a copy of the old Skat Cat doesn't it?
I had one of those w/ an 8011 K&B .40 on it...

I got one of the Sonic's and we're gonna have club racing next spring...and when I asked the guys what "spec" engine we were gonna use they just laughed...so it's "run what ya brung" (LOL)

I have a K&B "Quickie" .40 FIRE with the magic muffler, but I'm not sure I want to risk loosing it in a mid air with someone who's running a TT .40, ya know?

Maybe a Webra .50 with a pipe?

As far as strength...I think it will handle a Webra .50 w/ a pipe...if I glass the center section, and the tail surfaces seem to be quite stiff. I think it's made almost completely out of Obechi (sp? ) because it sure don't feel like Balsa?! The wings are foam, with the area out near the tips hollowed out, or foam is removed and if you hold it up to the light, it looks like simulated rib type construction for the outer 10-12" of ea. panel. The wing is sheeted with what looks like Obechi too?

Haven't weighed mine yet, but if anyone's interested I could give ya the weights of the individual components...