Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 11:47 AM
Ed Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They just do not go fast enough do they? It is a never ending quest for more speed!

Ed S
Old 03-08-2002, 03:37 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default Wing

Looks great Bill, in fact, it looks awfully familiar to a wing I have in the work room.

I'm thinking about making a mold to do fiberglass wing tips for that airfoil. I just hate sanding them blocks. I'll let you know if I get around to it between all these projects.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:04 PM
TiGuy

Love the look of a laminar! Is this your design? Michael Luvara of the Giant Scale racing crowd gave me one that he designed for his tsunami (I believe). They track really well, and have a slightly steeper glideslope than some other airfoils...which is a plus in my book.
Old 03-09-2002, 02:37 AM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do I detect still just a hint of reflex. OK Bill now back to important stuff. Whats the big idea partially blocking that picture on the garage door?

John
Old 03-09-2002, 04:32 AM
ovalthrasher

Bill that airfoil looks great!!
I might have to get me one!
Old 03-09-2002, 06:19 AM
JohnBuckner

>>>I can see the F3F Wildcat just fine>>A couple of proprietary wings have gone out so as to gather some data
Old 03-09-2002, 08:52 AM
Mluvara
My Feedback: (10)

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

A little tease.... The one on the bottom is what I sent to people for Quickees. The upper is my latest.....

Bill, is that something you and Paul F have been working on? Hope you don't mind me editing and re-posting your pic with some extras.

Michael
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5278_2243.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	3891  
Old 03-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Scorpionjack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill;
So are you going to sell those wings separate? Or are they only going to be available with the RacerII Modified? Reason I ask is that is almost the same Airfoil I run on the Neme-Q. Reflex is less than the Neme-Q but it's a excellent looking Wing.

I'd like to see how it does against the Neme-Q in May 2002.
Old 03-09-2002, 04:56 PM
daven

Default Airfoil

The airfoil is similar to the Neme-Q, Bird of Prey, and Vortex.

When Michael sent me the airfoil about a year ago, I compared it to my Neme-Q and Vortex. It was very close, but slightly different. I'm sure Michaels would be very close in speed to the rest, probably hard to tell the difference.

They are all very close, and seem to be about the fastest thing going these days. It would be nice to have the time to make about 10 variants of this airfoil and have it objectively tested. Unfortunately most of us just don't have the time to do that.

My thoughts on the wing tips is this. I will sand the wood ones down, and see how the plane flies. If I like it, I will make my mold off of the wingtips for future use.

I'm hoping to get a flight report from Bill soon. By the looks of our weather today, it may be a while before I get a chance to fly mine.
Old 03-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Scorpionjack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can relate to that we had over 6" here in ND
Old 03-11-2002, 03:18 AM
JohnBuckner

Lets see now Bill. Yes, I got a rather strange 'E' mail with an attachment purported to be an F3F. While it was not a photo but a strange combination of large punctuation marks that consisted of a large colon followed by the 'front' half of a set of parenthesis marks.

Not being very bright at this computer stuff and since I know better but I,d almost think that was the code for the Big old 'Mooning smilie face' HE,HE OK, OK Speaking of the moon when are we gonna finish that flyoff that we attempted before with the moon above the horizon? Racer 11 to Racer 11

Your friend, John (Big smilie face, since I can,t find them)