Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Ninja 500

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 07:08 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ninja 500

I wonder if Darrol is still selling the Slingshots?? They are still on his website, but I don't see them on Bruces.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:16 AM
djlyon

My original AMA # was 4244 then they took it away from me to give it to some contest director. I've had a grudge against the AMA every sense.[:@][:'(]

Denis
Old 03-23-2008, 04:13 PM
dapan
My Feedback: (2)

daven
the slingshots you can buy only for Darrol not from Bruce.

dapan
Old 03-23-2008, 07:45 PM
B.P.R.

ORIGINAL: daven

Ninja on the Left, SlingShot on the right.

Is the same model..???.[sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-23-2008, 11:22 PM
BUDMAN27

Something told me it was just a matter of time before the China manufacters started to offfer a composit Q-500. This is great news to us poor fokes. Now maybe I can get my first comp. Q-500 for a good price. Now if we could just get china to mass produce racing fuel. We could get the price of that down too.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Terryoc

I was talking to BigBruce today and the subject of this plane and this thread came up and while this plane may look very much like the Slingshot , In NO way was anyone given permission buy Bruce or to his knowledge buy Darrol to copy any or all parts of the Slingshot design. So it seem a typical China thing copy what you can!!
I myself found it strange that the flyer I got about this plane mentioned the starting price to be $400 and it would then be $500 which is not very cheap for a chinese plane, and no mention of this on the web site..
Bruce did say that he has a new Q500 currently in the works which should be a killer and to expect an announcment on his web site soon and lets face it for a portable plane you cant beat Bruce's stuff he also said that the Slingshot is still very available.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:10 AM
luv to race

When your Chinese plane gets up to $500, and becomes too much money for you guys.... Buy a Vortex kit for $425, same composite wing Travis and I fly. Laser cut fuse. I just built and finished (and flew) Gary Freeman Jr's. It took me about 3 weeks to build (evenings only). Also worked 55 hours a week in the process. Piece of cake to build. You just can't build it while flipping channels (that's for you lazy guys). Fly's good enough to win "another" Nationals.

RB
Old 03-24-2008, 07:48 AM
B.P.R.

ORIGINAL: Terryoc

I myself found it strange that the flyer I got about this plane mentioned the starting price to be $400 and it would then be $500 which is not very cheap for a chinese plane, and no mention of this on the web site..
[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Ed Smith

Fly's good enough to win "another" Nationals.
Well done Randy. Promote the home grown stuff!

Ed S
Old 03-24-2008, 08:12 AM
HighPlains

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a typical China thing copy what you can
Nobody has clean hands here. Every design out there has features lifted from earlier designs. Otherwise, we would all be flying a Spickler. But over the last 35 years many dumb ideas, mixed in with a few good ideas were tried, and every once in a while one actually worked.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
djlyon

Or buy the HK from Travis and Dan like I do for a mere 350. You can build the self aligning fuse in your sleep or while flipping channels and then bolt on the composite wing

Denis
Old 03-24-2008, 11:07 AM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

What's an HK?

Old 03-24-2008, 11:09 AM
daven

Hurrikane.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:22 AM
garys

"HK" is the HurriKane, from SuperTRC.com.

As of right now, the Chinese racers aren't cheap. Unfortunately they aren't going to be until somebody's willing to stock up and have hundreds built. I don't mean have hundreds built over a few years, I mean have hundreds built at one time. I don't think anybody's brave enough with their money to risk sitting on a bunch of inventory for pylon racing. Can you imagine tying up $50k to get some built, and then another airplane comes out that's just a bit faster, and you're stuck with $30k worth of inventory that you can't sell?

As has been said, the lowest price option for a top-quality, competive airplane is a molded wing and a laser cut fuse. The Vortex and the HurriKane are both very good, competitive airplanes. They take a bit more work than a full composite or a built Vortex from Chuck Bridge, but they can still be completed in a short time.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:42 PM
racerdad3e

Randy, I bought two of the foam wing versions from Marcus of the Vortex. I have not seen a better or more complete kit in years. Wings are gorgeous, wood is good, and all hardware included. My youngest son is going to use them in 424, and then hopefully use them in 428 this summer. I would reccommend this kit to anyone, especially the people contemplating moving up soon.

T. Strom Sr.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:53 PM
F2AFlyer

Hey Everyone

My name is Will Naemura and I am the person behind the NINJA Q-500 model.

Let me introduce myself. I have been modelling since I was 8 years old. I competed in CL Combat when I was 16 and started CL F2A Speed in 1992. Since then, I have been on 7 F2A USA World Champion teams and currently hold the AMA record for F2A speed at 184 mph.

For some unknown reason, I have always been interested in Pylon racing and I now have the opportunity to be involved. Through my business and F2A competition I have created a way to manufacture high quality products for several industries. I finally found a manfuacture that has the same goals in mind in producing a composite airplane.

My goals for the NINJA are as follows:
1. Produce a PREMIUM quality airplane that is of the highest quality I can provide.
2. Design an airplane that can be RACE READY in ONE evening of work
3. Make it available to everyone with a short lead time
4. Price is competitely in the marketplace and sell it a reasonable price for the quality provided.

I have NO Interest in providing a low quality/low price model from China. This is NOT what I want to do and if someone does it, it will only hurt the event in the short and long term future.

Through reading the post on this forum, let me make this clear - this is not a Slingshot, Shotgun or ???? The AIRFOIL is of my choosing and the stab is larger. But, MY Mistake - is looked too much like a Slingshot so on future production runs the wingtips will be different. I have a lot of repect for Bruce and the service he provides to the event and I do not want to step on his toes or anyone elses as well.

I have been working on this design for 1 year now! I want to make sure every detail is right before I release them for sale. The first prototype came in Oct of last year and the quality was superb and it flew well. Subsequent prototypes make it race ready for the Phoeniz race in Jan. I had many comments on the high quality of manufacturing and received strong support for my efforts with the model. The race proved that the quality of manufacturing is good and it is competitive.

I made some a few simple changes to the production run of airplanes and the first NINJA's will be available on April 15. Please contact the following website for purchase:

www.flycontrolline.com

This project has been a lot of work and money, but it has been rewarding to finally get it to this point. Thanks to everyone who has helped out and it has been a pleasure to meet you all.

Will Naemura
Adrenaline Products, LLC
6555 SE 34th Ave.
Portland, OR 97202
503-805-4525
[email protected]
Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 PM
HighPlains

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually I thought your wingtips looked slightly better than the Shotgun/Slingshot.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 PM
racerdad3e

I know Will has spent a lot of time and money on this project. I was fortunate enough to fly one of the prototype aircraft. ( and still am flying it ) I could have raced it on the initial test flight. The aircraft flies very well. Everyone I let fly it says the same thing. Comments are "Wow, this flies solid", and " feels like a trainer, only faster". I have not heard one bad thing on the performance. It was very hard to find anything wrong with the production of the prototype. Any little suggestions I made, Will was on the phone to China, getting them fixed. I have not seen or flown the new wing and stab, but I am sure they will be better than the existing ones.

As for the looks, it may look like a Slingshot, but I can tell you there are subtle differences. Parts are definatly not interchangeable with the Slingshot. I know, because I tried!

Airplane came with carbon landing gear, pre-mounted at the factory. Motor mount pre-installed and blind nuts in, at the factory. Wing and tail pre-mounted. It was ready to fly after one evening. It is truly a buy today, fly tomorrow Q-500.

I believe all the issues that came up in Phoenix have been taken care of. I saw the improvements to the wing made after Phoenix. Tom Jr. is flying that aircraft now, and we have had no issues.

So, I hope this turns out to be a good venture for Will. If it doesn't, it is not because the airplane doesn't fly well. Ask Gino.

Tom Sr.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:21 PM
skull1971

Welcome Will, and and thanks for all your work, and you too Tom. Wow A compliment from Highplains!! Will you should take that one to the bank, Highplains is kinda like E.F. Hutten, "When he speaks, people listen." Well at least I do, never got a bit of wrong info from him.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:56 AM
YUKONFLYR

ORIGINAL: F2AFlyer

My goals for the NINJA are as follows:
1. Produce a PREMIUM quality airplane that is of the highest quality I can provide.
2. Design an airplane that can be RACE READY in ONE evening of work
3. Make it available to everyone with a short lead time
4. Price is competitely in the marketplace and sell it a reasonable price for the quality provided.

I have NO Interest in providing a low quality/low price model from China. This is NOT what I want to do and if someone does it, it will only hurt the event in the short and long term future.

Will & Tom - Great Goals and nice to know that the China labeling will not mean low quality! It sure looks nice Is it too early to ask for a pic of what the new wingtips will look like

Richard
Old 03-25-2008, 09:19 AM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

IMHO, with the way the rules are written there really isn't too much room to make a Q500 look different. Certain shapes work best under the rules. I wouldn't change the shape just because somebody says it looks similar. If it would make it a better plane then go for it.

Chris
Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 PM
F2AFlyer

Thank you for the encouraging comments! This is really encouraging.

Tom's plane had the bigger stab and may be one reason why it flies the way it does. All the airplane now have the larger stab. The yellow airplane on the www.flycontrolline.com site has the new wing tip design. If you look at it from a top view you will see that the wing tip is swept back more from the leading edge. It now matches the shape of the tips on the larger stab.

Will
Old 03-25-2008, 01:39 PM
YUKONFLYR

Looks very speedy. Speaking to the good folks at Flycontrolline, everyone likes yellow the best

Whats the best way to add stripes and checkers to the Ninja?

Thanks

Richard
Old 03-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Ed Smith

Is this how paranoid we have become? A wing tip shape is the difference between plagiarism and an original design?

Ed S
Old 03-26-2008, 08:20 AM
burgster
My Feedback: (2)

Ed,
I figured that you would buy one of those yellow ones for sure!

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.