Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

424 Race in Kansas City - RC Barnstormers

Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

424 Race in Kansas City - RC Barnstormers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:30 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 424 Race in Kansas City - RC Barnstormers

The RC Barnstormers will be having a 424 only race on Saturday, May 10th.

Our field is located at Hillsdale Lake, roughly between Spring Hill and Paola, KS. Visit www.capsracing.com to view the race flyer and pre-register if you''d like to come race.

If you decide at the last minute to race and haven''t pre-registered, don''t worry - c''mon out and race with us!

We are starting to see quite a bit of interest in 424 racing again around this area. There''s another race in KC run by the KCRC club on April 26th, and they had 20 entries at last year''s fall 424 race.

For any additional information, contact myself here on RCU, or the CD Carl Melin at [email protected]

Help us have a good turnout! Hope to see you there
Gordon
Old 04-15-2008, 12:04 AM
s-10promod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 424 Race in Kansas City - RC Barnstormers

Gordon, What are you racing this year?[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 04-15-2008, 02:07 PM
fizzwater2

Slowly....

no, really - I took the Rossi off my blue v-tail (I think it''s a predator knock off) and put the TTpro .40 on it for the race in KC and hopefully our race, too!

I also have the fuse repaired and glassed with 3/4oz glass, and the wing hold downs repaired on that orange/white low wing I flew last year at the KCRC fall race, hope to have it done before the KC race as a backup.

What are you flying?

Oh - I did buy a BSE Jett Q500 engine, and will be finishing up a plane for it soon. I have two older V-Vectors that are almost ready to fly again. That, and I still have my two SS nelson .40''s.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:29 PM
fizzwater2

OH - Eddie, thanks for pre-registering! You too, Duane. We hope for a good turnout.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:55 PM
s-10promod

I liked the way your orange one flew so I built a couple of Doddgers for 424. I have a Viper and a T-tail to play around with, and Scott is painting my BOP for 428. I have a Ninja ordered for 428 also. With our move to Wichita, I''ll miss going to the nats to get spanked so, I''ll have to wait till fall for the far away races.[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Jeff Pfeifer
My Feedback: (4)

Got this one on the calendar!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:03 PM
fizzwater2

Jeff - I saw your preregistration pop up - looking forward to seeing you at the races!
Old 04-21-2008, 04:37 PM
fizzwater2

Just another shameless bump to the top to see if we can stir up additional entries! This one is two weeks after the KCRC (Kansas City Radio Control) club's race, so that should be plenty of time to make any needed repairs!!

We'd love to see a good turnout at this one, should be a good time.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:21 PM
fizzwater2

Tomorrow is the first race in the KC area, courtesy of the KCRC club and AJ. Only two weeks more till the Barnstormer race, c'mon down and race with us!

Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 PM
DMUCOP

Hey guys ANYONE who needs help fixing or speed building call me and come over Sunday the 4th. 816-305-4717
Old 04-30-2008, 11:28 PM
fizzwater2

Dan - that's a generous offer, hope anyone needing a hand gets in touch with you! Looking forward to racing with you again in a week & a half, the last time was great!

Old 04-30-2008, 11:37 PM
fizzwater2

Also - don't forget guys that you can pre-register at www.capsracing.com

See you on race day!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Jeff Pfeifer

Less than a week away! Had a blast at the KCRC event and I am ready to have another great weekend. Test flew the new Viper today and it went very well...just have to adjust the incidence abit and it will be ready for action. Well gotta put stuff on charge for tomorrow Causey and I are going to fly around the poles some in the morning. See yall in Hillsdale!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
fizzwater2

Another shameless plug..
Haven't seen any pre-registration from the guys in Nebraska yet, hope you're coming down.

If any of you are going to make it to the race, if you could, pre-register at www.capsracing.com it will help us get an idea of how many will be there.

Thanks, and hope to see you all on Saturday!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:24 AM
scausey
My Feedback: (2)

I think that everyone that is coming to the Barnstormer race should be scared..... Jeff and I went out on Sunday morning a flew some laps to get his Viper dialed in and wow you guys are in trouble.... I know that it had been a long time since Jeff had flown any pylon and the fact he was flying a antique was another thing and he still did well and placed 4th at AJ's race. All you guys better practice every night because the men from Springfield are coming .....

Scott
Old 05-06-2008, 11:34 AM
fizzwater2

I'll probably be flying the same antique I got 2nd with at last fall's race..

But, I'm just out to have some fun, no expectations of anything but that!

C'mon up and play, glad to hear you guys are coming up!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:05 PM
s-10promod

Ok springfield, Glad your bringing your A game cus' Wichita is also! LOL Pinky is running great! Where's that smokin' fast 424 I keep hearin' bout? See you guys sat. [sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 05-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Jeff Pfeifer

ORIGINAL: scausey

I think that everyone that is coming to the Barnstormer race should be scared..... Jeff and I went out on Sunday morning a flew some laps to get his Viper dialed in and wow you guys are in trouble.... I know that it had been a long time since Jeff had flown any pylon and the fact he was flying a antique was another thing and he still did well and placed 4th at AJ's race. All you guys better practice every night because the men from Springfield are coming .....

Scott
Scott, thanks for the kind words. The new Viper definately is grooving nice compared to the 15yr old relic that I was flying at the KCRC race, but I am sure that everyone will be bringing their "A game" this weekend, and I am looking forward to racing with everyone again! After Hillsdale it is nothing but 428 on the long course until I land after the last flight at the NATS for me. Oh by the way did I say I am hooked on Pylon again! Causey is trying to get me to fly 422 at the NATS as well....just might have to take him up on that offer.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Jeff Pfeifer

I was thinking about this tonight, but this event might be a good chance to have a meeting about the future of racing within the region. I personally would like to see a series started for 2009 that each race within our region counts towards a points series in which at the end of the season the winner of the series is presented with a trophy in which their name is engraved and then the next year the trophy is transfered to the new winner and their name is engraved ect... This would promote racing within our region, and give everyone something to shoot for each season.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:40 AM
aseaholm
My Feedback: (1)

Gordon,

You’ll have to excuse my good friend Mr. Causey. You see he was raised in the fierce world of RC combat and was subjected to the finer points of “Smack Talk”. Masters of the art have spent years developing the ability to express wild, some might say outlandish, claims about their piloting superiority.

In pylon, I tend to refer to this as “Bench Racing”. The pre and post game tales of racing greatness that are rarely, if ever, backed up once between the pins. But don’t totally discredit his wild delusions of greatness you see “Bench Racing” is as much a part of the sport as 15% and V-tails.

You have to learn how filter this type of thing, up North, they refer to this as the Etken Filter.

Jeff,

Welcome to the addiction!

If you need a Q40, let me know. I’ll make you a smok’n deal on my #3 Proud Bird, it would be a great plane to get started with. It’s the one in the little picture on the left, you’ll have to paint over all the Futaba stuff…
Old 05-07-2008, 10:22 AM
fizzwater2

I almost told the young'uns from southwest MO to bring it on, old age and treachery will whoop up on youth and enthusiasm, but I feel like I haven't had enough practice time yet this year.

I found at your race that there's no points for aerobatics or style in racing...

But, you gotta admit, it was ironic that the motor held on to that plane just long enough to finish that last heat.. 5 seconds earlier and I wouldn't have even finished!

AJ, Scott, Jeff - looking forward to seeing all of you. Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out! We're going out Thursday night to mow & start getting things ready, hopefully it won't grow too much between Thursday night and Saturday morning. With all this rain, my yard is growing fast, I have to mow it about every 4 days..

Like I said, I'll probably bring my antique low wing out to play. I've got a Predator II, but not sure if I'll have time to get it ready, I also have to finish the start clock for the race!

Cheers,

PS - Scott, a few more years and you can join the OFRC, too! (Old Farts Racing Club)
Old 05-07-2008, 10:46 AM
scausey
My Feedback: (2)

As AJ would think, I am already a memer of the OFRC.... the force is strong in this old Jetti though... can't wait to race again this weekend and see everyone.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:05 AM
fizzwater2

May the Schwarz be with you...

Ever see Spaceballs? Funny movie...

Old 05-07-2008, 01:52 PM
aseaholm
My Feedback: (1)

Gordon,

That’s the great thing about bench racing, your actual ability has nothing to do with the flamboyance of your claims.

Let’s use Causey as an example again, we both know there’s no way 1 day of practice will help that much with his meager flying skills. Though if you listen to him yammer on, he’s now as good as Randy Bridge or Chris Callow…

And just because this Pfiefer guy can hover a helicopter and an airplane, we’re all supposed to be shak’n in our boots. C’mon, KC rules, Springfield drools. The facts are obvious…

Time to dial up the gain on the ole Etken Filter.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:18 PM
fizzwater2

These young whippersnappers... I remember when Jeff's dad used to bring a little kid to the field with him.. I've probably got airplanes older than he is!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.