Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

424 Race in Kansas City - RC Barnstormers

Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

424 Race in Kansas City - RC Barnstormers

Old 05-07-2008, 04:55 PM
MRMcFarlandM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 424 Race in Kansas City - RC Barnstormers

Fizzwater 2

You must have P.O. somebody at time warner or something I have tried a couple of times to pre-register but the site won't come up.
Anyway I am planing on being there. See you Sat.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:21 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that - I'll mention it to Carl.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you! Keep those fingers crossed for good weather.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:28 PM
MRMcFarlandM

I got it. Not sure what the deal was before.
This time it came up fine.

Thanks,
Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Jeff Pfeifer
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: fizzwater2

These young whippersnappers... I remember when Jeff's dad used to bring a little kid to the field with him.. I've probably got airplanes older than he is!

You probably do have planes older than me (I think my dad taught you to fly before I was born)...heck my dad and I have planes that are older than me (27yrs old) and still flying. Hey Gordy, this is a flash from the past but I found the old Conquest .15 that we bought from you way back in the QM15 days! Just needs a crank and it is good to go. I also still have a QM15 Minnow kit that is in perfect condition as well that I am sure is as old as me! Don't make me break out the pics from the 1987 Lincoln Nats when you flew F1 that year....better not do that I'm sure there are some pics of me at the 1987 NATS floating around somewhere like this one below.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93902.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	945266  
Old 05-07-2008, 11:40 PM
fizzwater2

Let's see, 87 was Lincoln, wasn't it? Back when I had dark hair and even no thin spots! You've got pics of me there? Sheesh..

Jeff, that pic of you is great.. yep, your dad and Dave Ellis are the ones that started me flying all those years ago. I started flying RC in 1973, but flew some control line for a while before that.

I wondered where in the heck that conquest 15 was.. I've torn my stuff all apart looking for it, forgot that you had it!

Before you build that Minnow kit, oh please oh please let me take a look at it. I've got a buddy that might want to pull a mold off the fuse before you do anything with it. He's doing one from an Estralitta first, but the minnow would be cool, too - is it a Prather minnow? I'd love to see the kit..

I've got a couple of QM15 stingers, and my old P63 is currently undergoing some repairs, but I'd love to get one of 'em flying again, maybe later this summer just for the heck of it.

I even bought another stock conquest 15, pulled the RC carb off it, and bought the .240 dia venturi & exhaust extractor to set it up like a QM engine again.

Iffn' you're not going to do anything with that other 15, let me know, eh?

Old 05-09-2008, 02:13 PM
scausey
My Feedback: (2)

I flew against Dave last year and the old fart just would go down quietly, so I had to t-bone the guy and cut his plane in half.... thats what happens when you grab the bull by the horns..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47199.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	946194  
Old 05-09-2008, 04:14 PM
fizzwater2

Just resist the temptation, and follow us around..

Old 05-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Jeff Pfeifer

Had a great time despite the slight amount of precipitation that we recieved through out the day. Congrats to Scott Causey for taking 1st place...must have something to do with that caller...(yours truly!). For me my day was plauged with gremlins and finally got rocking and rolling by the last round which was too late, but I had a great time. Thanks to the Barnstormers for a great event!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:32 AM
fizzwater2

Scott, congrats! Jeff - a "slight" amount of precipitation? Several heats were flown in the rain - our course workers may have been new to this racing thing, but I gotta give 'em credit, they stuck with us through 5 full rounds, many of which were in windy drizzly conditions.

I hope everyone had a good time, and let's hope for better weather for any more races!

Thanks to each and every one of the pilots that showed up - in spite of the crummy weather, we ended up with 20 entries, which was a great turnout!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:55 AM
s-10promod

Well in spite of the rain, I think everyone had a good day of racing. I'm glad Tallman talked us into the rain practice on wed. evening! Jeff, if you find the mute button on your caller I think you'll have a good thing going!!LOL I think a series deal would be fun, Count us in. I'm going to talk to Mike this week about a three pole in Wichita. Gordon, and Carl Thanks for another fun race! It's always fun with you guys around! AJ, your going to have to walk me through this filter settings I can't get mine set that high on Scott! Roflmao[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 05-11-2008, 12:19 PM
DHULEN
My Feedback: (11)

First of all Thanks to Carl, Gordon, and all the RC Barnstormers for putting on the race. It was an awesome turnout, hopefully we are getting racing back in the area again. We have some big name racers in this area-AJ, Tallman, Scott, and The Chop aka Dan. It makes for some good racing. Hopefully it will continue to grow and bring back some of the old racers. And for the Wichita guys, I hope you can put a race together, I would definitely be there. Congratulations to Scott, Gordon, and AJ.

Anyone thinking about Cincinnati contact meI am a maybe.

Duane
Old 05-11-2008, 03:35 PM
DMUCOP

Good job this weekend guys. Sorry we had to run before the end.

This is how my day went.

Load up done 1030pm Friday night

Went to bed about 1200am
Baby screaming 1215,1230,1245,100,115,130,145,200,215,230,245,300 ,315,330AM
I fell a sleep I think around 345am
alarm rang 530am
Dad showed up at 550am
on the road 615am
at the field around 715
My test flight Windy landed in the drink (aka the pond) This is not how I planed my day!
back to the pits to drain the water out of the plane (thanks AJ for water proofing the inside!)
Changed Rx
Test flight #2 Better! I landed on the runway! (It's looking up!)

Round one heat #2 I am flying against my Dad I have never raced him before he had borrowed a plane for this race and was ready to rock! So were off I can't get away from dad he's on my butt! he sneaks around me a little close and Whamo!! I hit him cut his tail right off with half of my wing during this battle R Williams had motor trouble and was chilling out on the other side of the course. So Dad's borrowed plane now rekited and has met with terra firma and some how I was still flying I finished and back to the pits to check the damage... Some wing cracks on old stubby. ( crap )

Round 2 my plane still seemed to be in good shape so here we go I am going to 3...2...1... Take off Whamoo I can't believe this I just cut the tail off my good friends plane Jimmy C., But I am still flying lets go well it seems to be going ok maybe a little shaky I don't know the battle is on and I am fighting Ken VT and he gets me way to go buddy! back to the pits this time I take the whole thing apart some thing must be wrong... Nothing (so I think) What else can go wrong?

Round 3 everything going good I am out in the lead something feels weird the plane is not tracking well I blame it on the wind the pond and everything else till about lap 5 when I have no ailerons and I am still at 90 this is not good it's heading for the starters cage! down up left right power down rudder it goes level whew scary! now what? I start turning to land no aileron control slow turn of death I was able to land without breaking the prop! and with out hitting the starters YEAH!!

So I picked up the plane and found that the wing had folded and only was held on by the wing screws wild!

Back to the pits! Dad and I were wore out he was able to fly some more and had a good time thanks to Duane's back up. I had to get home by 4pm and meet the wife for family birthdays. so we packed up and went home.

So good job guys! Lets rebuild! Lets fly and have some more fun!
Old 05-11-2008, 07:42 PM
DHULEN

Well Dan sounds like a great time. Thats life with kids and well midairs an folding wings thats racing
Old 05-11-2008, 07:57 PM
DMUCOP

Who were the top 4 and fast time?

I know rubbin is racin Let get ready for the next one!
Old 05-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Jeff Pfeifer

So how many of you would come to a 424 race in Springfield, MO??
Old 05-11-2008, 08:54 PM
DHULEN

424 in springfield sounds great
Old 05-11-2008, 08:58 PM
fizzwater2

Yep, springfield would be fun, close enough to be a do-able trip.

I'll try to get in touch with Larry (the guy that was running the computer) and get the files from the program, post the places & times.

Thanks again guys for making our first race in a long time a success, it can only get better from here!

Thanks again to CAPS also for working with AJ and the Barnstormers, too, to allow the use of the first class lights and lap counters!

Old 05-11-2008, 09:39 PM
s-10promod

Jeff, To steal a quote from a movie, Build it and they will come. We will be there, and will drag others with us!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:43 AM
DMUCOP

works for me!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:44 PM
aseaholm
My Feedback: (1)

Carl, Gordon, Barnstormers,

Nice job! Despite the less the perfect weather, I had a great time.

There was tight racing and the workers did a good job. There’s a lot to learn with lap counters, lights and the works. They handled it well and stuck it out through the drizzle.

Congrats Causey, you did awesome bud. So Springfield ruled this time around, we’ll be ready for you next go around.

Gordon, the Orange Machine is a top 2 bird every time out it would appear.

Jeff, would love to come down to Springfield and race. Race on Saturday, fly-fish on Sunday, and divorce on Monday, sounds like fun…
Old 05-12-2008, 02:35 PM
fizzwater2

Careful with that divorce thing.. they say love is grand, but divorce is 50 grand...

Been there, done that. Don't think I'd care to do that again...

Old 05-12-2008, 04:17 PM
fizzwater2

Let's see if this works..

Hopefully a few more photos to follow, along with a final race result.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:35 AM
fizzwater2

Here's a link to the photos that were taken by one of the guys who gave up a Saturday to come work so we could race, Kevin. Thanks to him and all the rest of the course workers!

http://picasaweb.google.com/kevinrhe...ey=hBy15YSQv4A

Old 05-14-2008, 09:07 PM
iamtom

It really looks like you all had a great time. AJ. We will miss you at the Cincy race. All the best to you and Michelle . Looking forward to seeing Scott and Chop, with a P.Hope some of the rest of you can make it.
Tom Scott
Old 05-15-2008, 12:21 PM
DMUCOP

Hey Uncle Tom baby Emma and my wife will be in tow also!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.