Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

DX-6i elv trim malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:01 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DX-6i elv trim malfunction

Hi!
Were out flying my Viper/Nelson LS and all went fine until when I landed after the second flight I tried to use the elevator trim. Nothing happened?
(Spektrum DX-6i radio), tried again and nothing happened!
Went to the pits and tried again ...nothing. All the other trimlevers worked. Showed a fried what had happened and suddenly everything worked again.Then nothing...no response from the elevator trim lever.
Went home and took the radio apart ...second time this week as the roller drum axle broke 3 days ago.
Had a look at the trim lever which sat with 2 screw and decided to remove them to have a look. Under the plastic cap (trim lever) sat two push buttons...nothing happened when I pushed those. Used some 5-56 contact oil ...and lo and behold ...it worked again.

Wonder if Horizon will have many of these DX-6i radios in return???
Old 07-10-2008, 03:29 PM
gunfighter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX-6i elv trim malfunction

Before you took it apart, I would have said "Send it back and they will send you a new one". Now, I do not know but suspect they still will. Horizon has the very best customer service on the planet!

Even the very best company has the occasional glitch. No mater how good their QC is.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:03 PM
LS171Malibu
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is 5-56 Contact oil?
Old 07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!

Same as WD-40 ...some kind of universal contact spray oil...there are many others.