Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

New Quickie in progress..

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 11:09 AM
diggs_74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Quickie in progress..

I thought I would post a new quickie I'm working on.. I'm calling it the V2 since it's my second try at a molded quickie.

My place of employment thought I should have some time for myself (an unknown amount) so I've been able to get some work done on it.. I think I finished the fuse plug back in August or September but just pulled a usable part from the mold in the last couple weeks. I still have some void issues along the seam but I think I've got the procedure down so I can start painting in the mold.. The next one should be much better. The one in the pics was primed in the mold but because of the voids most of it got sanded off.

The tail in the pics is the tail plug after pulling it from the molds so that's why it looks a little rough.. The tail molds turned out very nice and I've got a tail laid up and in the bag as I type.. Should have pics of the finished tail after this weekend.

The wing is a different story.. As with the tail the wing shown is the plug.. It seems that every time I think I'm ready start the molds I find yet another imperfection.. Pretty quick I'm going to call it good enough I think..

By the way, if anyone needs a technical sales guy let me know, it seems I'm looking
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17664.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1141209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31502.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1141210  
Old 02-21-2009, 11:18 AM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New Quickie in progress..

Looks good. Judging by the reflection of the window on your wing in the right side photo, the wing plug is pretty good. The reflection shows as straight lines and smooth curves, with no waves.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:05 PM
diggs_74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Quickie in progress..

Thanks.. You are correct, it is pretty good and smooth.. Like I said, I'm pretty close to calling it good.. After all, it's just a quickie