Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

Conspirator by Arch Adamisin

Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Conspirator by Arch Adamisin

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Ed Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Conspirator by Arch Adamisin

May I suggest some changes?. The idea is to get the tank on the Balance point. Then the trim will not change as the fuel is used up. Move the servos back, tank on the balance point. Then arrange the receiver an battery around those items. An 1100mah battery is overkill, too heavy and too fat.

See picture, the battery is alongside the tank and can be moved for balancing purposes. Get rid of all that packaging. Fix everything in place with Velcro

Ed S
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78082.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1206971  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:14 AM
P. Johnson
My Feedback: (1)

Steve, No it didn't come with a servo tray. Iused 1/8 ply with 3/16 balsa stringers glued to the inside of the fuse.
ED, thanks for the info. Iwill try this set up. Icould have put my Throttle servo sideways and that would have made the tray shorter and gave more room. Iam concerned how the fuel draw will be with the tank this far back and using a clunk tank. Iwill try it this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58316.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1206982  
Old 05-27-2009, 01:36 PM
GSJames

ORIGINAL: P. Johnson
Iam concerned how the fuel draw will be with the tank this far back and using a clunk tank.
I would recommend that you consider a bubble-less Jett "cg" tank. They are flattened ovals and will sit on the cg quite nicely. Also, since they are bubble less, you will have a lot fewer fuel problems in the future than with a standard clunk tank. Just food for thought.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:07 AM
tjkav8tor

"I would recommend that you consider a bubble-less Jett "cg" tank. They are flattened ovals and will sit on the cg quite nicely. Also, since they are bubble less, you will have a lot fewer fuel problems in the future than with a standard clunk tank. Just food for thought."

I am running a 6 oz Jett tank and have it all the way forward in the fuse - works great since we only burn about 2oz. +/- of fuel on our runs and the CG change is not noticeable at all. Thanks for the opinion on the oval tank though - I may have to try one.

A word on the Conspirators - these planes are awesome - I've just finished a two day race in Bloomington, IL. (SIRS Hosted) and on Day 1 held the fast time with a 1:39.00, and due to dumb thumbs and 2 zero's finished well down in the standings but the machine was tracking the course extremely well and really grooving on all the turns. On Day 2 we managed a thrid place finish owing to 1 heat where we cut out and we posted a 1:36.40, 4/10's off the fast time for the event. The plane is very capable, very fast, and in experienced racers hands will hold it's own with the best in the game.

I highly recommend this thoroughly researched and well designed airframe - these things go like nobody's business - and this weekend made a believer out of me. By the way, many thanks to my builder Pete Johnson who does a great job assembling and finishing an airframe - see Pete if you need one of these built for you. By the way Pete was no slouch this weekend either, posting a 1:36.22 on Sunday with a freshly rebuilt engine - look out, this guy is coming to a race near you soon!

GFTL,
TJ
Old 06-22-2009, 08:50 AM
tjkav8tor

ORIGINAL: Hobbs21743

I received your e-mail .
The second one looks great too. I will contact Mr. Adamisin this week. I look forward to ordering a couple and getting back into racing.

Old age must be really setting in! TJ and Peter, are you 2 part of the original Texas group from the 80's ?
Hey - is that Bruce Hobbs??!

Yes sir - you are correct - we are part of the original Phugawi racing team...we have relocated to the frozen midwest (now the hot and steamy midwest) and for the first time in 13 yrs the Johnson/Klise racing team was back at it again in 424 racing this past weekend. We had a great weekend with each of us getting into the 1:36's and having a ball flying these airplanes...

Are you still racing Bruce?Any of our old Texas friends still around?We understand Dub Jett has finally gotten the engine combination together and is smoking fast in 428 with his new engines, it's good to see our old friend being successful. Drop me a line and let's get caught up!

Take care,
TJ

Old 06-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Stevem9

[quote]ORIGINAL: tjkav8tor

my friend here in seattle has one of these, flies awesome. racks very good, smooth flying, i had one for a few flights, but was midaired last year. another friend is ready to order one, im am just waiting for a reply back from arch, and we will be ordering a couple up
Old 07-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Stevem9

PM me archie

need info to place an order

shipping and paypal addy