Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Hodges Hobbies Race 5/30/09

Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Alabama Racer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hodges Hobbies Race 5/30/09

Yesterday's race was enjoyedby all as the weather was just about perfect. The B-Class guys had a lot of fun and I don't think they had any mishaps. A-Class was not as fortunate as David Grantham and Adam Grim got tangled up in their first heat as David started in the rear, caught up with Adam and Dave Torre, and was attempting to pass Adam. David said he needed to register per heat race instead of for the entire event as this is the second time in a row he's gone out in the first round. Bill Davenport moved up to A-Class this race andwas flyingone of the first productionmodels of Mike Stevens' new Yellow Tail racer. The plane was fast and Bill was doing a good job with it until he and Dave Torre tried to occupy the same spot on the race course at the same time. Mike Stevens was also flyinghis new Yellow Tail design and it served him well, propelling him into second place.
The results for the day are:
B-Class
1. John Wolfe
2. Lunchbox Stone
3. Tripp Smith
This was Tripp's first race. The top 3 guys each had 26 points with the placing decided by fast time. And there was only 1 second separating 1st and 2nd place.
A-Class
1. Brad Clayton
2. Mike Stevens
3. Mac Hodges