Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Scat Cat Wing

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Rflyin
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scat Cat Wing

Hello,
While club racing over the weekend my Cat took a prop to the wing and I'm looking to replace it. I'm looking at the 66012, S8055 and 8064. I use a MVVS 6.5 Q500 motor running most days in the 17k's with a apc 9x7. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 09-21-2009, 10:44 AM
DMyer
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Scat Cat Wing

Did the prop eat the whole wing or just a nibble or two? Prop damaged wings are usually very easy to repair. IMO I would not change the airfoil on the scat cat. .. the airfoils you mention would require modifying the wing saddle as well as an adjustment in wing incidence which for a scat cat - probably is not really worth the trouble. If you want a faster entry level quickie... just get a Viper 500... it is generally faster than a scat cat and flies very well.

dan
Old 09-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Rflyin
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Scat Cat Wing

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the reply. I manly was choosing these airfoils because I don't know the Cat airfoil. Knowing that would be ideal. The 8064 appears very close to the cat wing so changes to the saddle will be doable. I've been cutting my own Combat wings with a feather cut clone I put together for quite a while.Cutting Quickie wings and putting the balsa skins on is something I haven't done and want to learn. In our group the Cats and Dodger's have been beating the Viper's and Predators because of pilot skill. So at this point I'm not losing anything sticking with the Cat and it's the cheapest way to go.

If someone knows the Cat airfoil and where I can get a dat file for it please let me know.

Thanks
Rick