RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Q-500 Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/q-500-racing-149/)
-   -   T-Boning (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/q-500-racing-149/10594279-t-boning.html)

daven 06-27-2011 05:50 AM

T-Boning

1 Attachment(s)
Randy, I said NO T-boning!

Ok, I'll take the blame on this one, but it was one of the more spectacular mid-airs I've seen.

I'll miss that Seeker, she was a good plane.

Never seen gear shear like that.

diggs_74 06-27-2011 05:54 AM

RE: T-Boning

I was just about to say something to you as you came around #3 but before I could it was too late.. You two were trying to do that for at least 2 laps before it actually happened..

At least all the parts landed on the field and not in the corn..

Scorpion Racing 06-27-2011 08:46 AM

And this whole time I thought Randy was the one who was rough on landing gear! ;) I hope he got the mid-airs out of his system, and wasn't just practicing them! :D But Dave, come on now... you know better than to tell a fellow racer he CAN'T T-bone you... ;)

daven 06-27-2011 09:27 AM

That was Randy's landing gear :)

I just hope its out of my system before Muncie!

Randy Etken 06-27-2011 09:31 AM

grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALbert.S 06-27-2011 10:00 AM

It was a great wreck I have never seen a landing gear chopped It was raining pieces I don't think that it was a true "T" bone in my opinion since they were both going the same direction Just tried to use the same air space. The only one I think was better was a three plane one I saw back in the Q Midget days Two planes hit and before they could fall a third plane hit the two of them in mid air and then the whole mess fell into a creek that was running close by Most of the parts are still there

diggs_74 06-27-2011 10:10 AM

Come on Randy, you're just made because Dave told you to get out of the way prior to the impact :D

As I recall, you said that to me in my early days right before chopping my tail off..

daven 06-27-2011 11:45 AM

There was a cool one in Muncie 8-10 years ago. Mid air at #1, and one of the planes wings seperated from the fuse and as it was tumbling to the ground a third plane crashed into the falling wing.

I salvaged my tail though, that saves about 4 hours.

Randy Etken 06-27-2011 12:58 PM

My favorite was when I won the race cut the throttle pulled straight up to do a victory roll and drove right through the tail of Dave’s Leeker. Was that great. :D

BUDMAN27 06-28-2011 05:27 AM

May by they were painting a pic. and they were mixing red with green to come up with a new color. :D ya thats it its the red and green show.:Dstand back kids let me show you how its done :DI said ready turn not ready crash:Dtime to break out the Tellamoredew another one bites the dust.;)