RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Q-500 Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/q-500-racing-149/)
-   -   HSF Wichita spring pylon race, April 20th & 21st (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/q-500-racing-149/11448071-hsf-wichita-spring-pylon-race-april-20th-21st.html)

rs-ssfan 03-18-2013 10:22 AM

HSF Wichita spring pylon race, April 20th & 21st

1 Attachment(s)

Although the current weather doesn&rsquo;t show it spring is right around the corner here in the Midwest and with that comes the pylon racing season. The first race for the season is right around the corner also, it will be on April 20th &amp; 21st at the Lake Afton Flying Field in Goddard, KS (flyer attached). The field is about 30 minutes west of Wichita, KS. It&rsquo;s situated next to Lake Afton and is a great place to fly. It&rsquo;s a nice open area to fly in with camping facilities right on site. For those of you not into the camping thing Goddard has a nice clean motel or you can go a little further and stay in Wichita.</p>

This is the first race for our new club, Heartland Speed Freakz, and we are hoping to make it a great race to go to every year. It&rsquo;s a two separate days of racing with 424 &amp; 426 short course on Saturday and Q40(422) &amp; 424 long course on Sunday. We are going to have the poles up around noon on Friday for practice. I&rsquo;ll be there and we can do some pre-registering to help speed up Saturday morning. There aren&rsquo;t a lot of opportunities to race in the Midwest so come out and help make it a great race.</p>

So we can get an idea of the number we can expect and to get a jump start on the matrix please e-mail your name, AMA number, events you will participate in and any team mate you have to me at lfinchcpa-sbcglobal.net (replace the &ldquo;-&ldquo; with &ldquo;@&rdquo;). I'll try to keep a list updated here so we can all see who is coming.</p>

rs-ssfan 03-26-2013 08:25 AM

RE: HSF Wichita spring pylon race, April 20th & 21st

Ok guys we are down to just over 3 weeks before the race. Here is a list of the pilots that I have heard from directly that they will be attending. As you can see we have several guys traveling from pretty far away to get to the race. So that means for you guys that are closer you can't use that as an excuse to not attend. :D It's stacking up to be a pretty good race with lots of competition.</p>

I've heard through the grapvine that a few others are going to be there but didn't want to put them on the list until I knew for sure. So if you should be on the list but aren't let me know and I'll get you added.</p>

<u>SAT - 424</u>
1. Barry Gosnell - MO
2. Gordon McWilliams - KS
3. Doug Scherrer -KS
4. Ken VanTyle - CO
5. Scott Hartman - TX
6. Duane Gall - CO
7. Hank Diepenroek - CO
8. Paul Fawcett - KS
9. Wes - KS
10. Roger- KS
11. Alex Minturn -MO
12. Russ - KS

<u>SAT - 426</u>
1. Maurice(Moe) Vereecke - MO
2. Lonnie Finch - MO
3. Gordon McWilliams - KS
4. Eddie Jump - KS
5. Kelly Brown - KS
6. Ken VanTyle - CO
7. Scott Hartman - TX
8. Duane Gall - CO
9. Hank Diepenbroek - CO
10. Scott Causey - MO
11. Bob Dible - KS
12. Dub Jett - TX
13. RichBeers -OK
14. Duane Hulen - MO</p>

<u>SUN - 424</u>
1. Barry Gosnell- MO
2. Gordon Mcwilliams - KS
3. Ken VanTyle - CO
4. Scott Hartman - TX
5. Duane Gall - CO
6. Hank Diepenbroek - CO
7.Paul Fawcett - KS
8. Wes - KS
9. Roger - KS
10. Alex Minturn - MO
11. Russ - KS

<u>SUN - 422</u>
1. Moe Vereecke - MO
2. Lonnie Finch - MO
3. Gordon McWilliams - KS
4. Eddie Jump - KS
5. Kelly Brown - KS
6. Scott Hartman - TX
7. Duane Gall - CO
8. Scott Causey - MO
9. Bob Dible - KS
10. Dub Jett - TX
11. Rich Beers - OK
12. Duane Hulen - MO</p>

DHULEN 03-27-2013 09:31 AM

Lonnie please put me in for 426 422

Thanks Duane

rs-ssfan 03-27-2013 08:20 PM

Duane you've been added to the list.  Glad you can make it.

Lonnie

fizzwater2 03-28-2013 05:04 AM

Lonnie - are you going to update this list in your post above?

rs-ssfan 03-28-2013 06:50 AM

Gordon,
Yes I'm planning on updating the lists but I left my spreadsheet at home and can't remember everyone that I need to add to what class.  I'll get it done as soon as possible.

Lonnie

rs-ssfan 03-29-2013 04:38 AM

OK I got the list updated and as you can see it's shaping up to be a good race.  Also it looks like we are going to have 4 or 5 "newbies" in 424, glad to see some new blood coming in.

sahartman21 04-17-2013 04:43 PM

I've got the car loaded and will travel tomorrow after work.

See you at the race![8D]

fizzwater2 04-17-2013 05:12 PM

I'm still putting engines in airplanes! :)

Hope to see you all this weekend!

fizzwater2 04-22-2013 10:14 AM

Another race is in the history books, and I have to say the guys organizing the event did a good job. Things ran smoothly, no big glitches, and lots of good races.

The weather was strange - it was 39 degrees when I showed up Saturday morning, but got up to the 60's by the time we were done for the day. Sunday was a little warmer, nearly 70 degrees, but WINDY WINDY WINDY! I'll bet the winds were 30 MPH, you had to lean into it to stand up..

All in all, lots of fun. Kudos to the Heartland Speed Freakz and the Wichita RC club for putting on a successful event!

And thanks to the guys that traveled quite a ways to get there, it's great having everyone at the races.

PylonDave 04-22-2013 06:00 PM

Any Results ??

DHULEN 04-22-2013 06:45 PM

A big Thanks to Lonnie and Moe of the Speed Freakz and all the Wichita workers for a well ran race. Had a good time. It was good to see all the fellow racers. Real glad to see Dub Jett, at one of our local races. Thanks again and a job well done.

Duane

rs-ssfan 04-23-2013 06:22 AM

Guys thanks for the positive comments, glad to hear everyone had a good time.  Moe and I enjoyed putting the race on for everyone and hope that you plan to attend future races. 

Dave I'll have the results and pictures up in the next couple of days. 

Thanks,
Lonnie

rs-ssfan 04-24-2013 07:06 AM

Well as has already been said the first HSF race is in the books.  The weather, as always, could have been a little better but overall it wasn't horrible.  Saturday gave us cloudy conditions with winds from the SE at about 15 mph and I believe it made it up to about 60, pretty much what they had said it would be.  Sunday was sunnier and warmer, pushing 70, but with that came the wind.  We had a good 20 - 25 mph South wind all day Sunday.  Even with the weather challanges we only had a few casualities, I can only think of 4 maybe 5, and that includes the 3 from practice on Friday.  

Thanks to NMPRA and Tom Scott for getting a judgeman light system together to loan us for the race.  Also a huge thank you to the WRCC club, Mike Tallman and Roger Burright for getting a great set of workers out there so we could play with our toys.  Out of the 77 races we only had one refly.   And last but not least thanks to all the pilots that came out and we hope to see you at some future races.

You can see the pictures from the event here:  www.heartlandspeedfreakz.smugmug.com

I went off and left the full results at home today so I'll have to post them later but here are the top 3 and fast time for each event;
  Sat - 424
  1. Scott Hartman
  2. Doug Scherrer
  3. Russ Fitzpatrick
 FT. Doug Scherrer

Sat - 426
  1. Lonnie Finch
  2. Moe Vereecke
  3. Eddie Jump
 FT. Moe Vereecke 

Sun - 424
  1. Russ Fitzpatrick