Community
Search
Notices
Quadra-Aerrow Engines Get direct support for you Quadra-Aerrow Engines here!

2cu in Quadra (35-40)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:37 AM
maimer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2cu in Quadra (35-40)

Hi, I'm currently building a 1/4 Fokker DR1 based on Uncle Willies plans, and I' getting a 2cu in quadra engine as recommended. I know Quadra has come back to the business, but I don't know if the engines are still the same or if I have to look for one in particular.
I'm planning to buy the engine, so I can check If I need any modifications on the fuselage.

Thanks!
Regards
Old 07-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Junkboy999
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2cu in Quadra (35-40)

Hey Maimer

I have been researching a 40 size Quadra Arrow I got a few month ago. My LHS took it in on trade for some other stuff. I picked it up because of its small size and good things I heard about them. It’s brand new. I’m still wonder if I made good deal and if they are really still around. There was post in other forums about new things coming around 2009 and then nothing more posted. Guess I might have to call they my self or Mail them just to check.

They still have a page up with a copyright date of 2009
http://quadraengines.com/
I know these people still service them and produce a version of them for sale. the “ Bennett Built BQ400M
http://www.bennettbuilt.com/page1.htm
SoloProps had this page that is still up if you hot linked to it from Google images. But there is no longer a link on their main Menu page to get to this. They have all so removed the Quarda engines off there order forums.
http://www.soloprops.com/quadra_single_cylinder.php

As far as your question and just going off the specs posted all the engines are the same size.
Pic 1 My Q400B serial 409813b ( I’m assuming its stands for a 40cc, the 13 one made in 1998
and battery
Pic 2 the one from Quadra Engines Com ( I love the orange will go good with my Orange Citabria )
Pic 3 is the Bennett Built one

Only difference I see is the throttle linkage location ( front and back of the carb option ) and the B&B one the manifold is rotated 90 Deg ( I sure mine will mount like this too )
If you want I can make a few mechanical drawing of the front and side to give you better size information.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37594.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1631910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57655.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1631911  
Attached Images