Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Another Koverall question

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Another Koverall question

Old 09-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Hawkeye
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Koverall question

Hello,
I am in the process of covering a 4 Star 60 with Koverall. I already covered the wing and that went well. Where I need a little help is with the ailerons. They are solid 1/4" sheet and the corners are pretty much sharp. I've coated the entire aileron with nitrate dope thinned 50/50. I can either use dope to attach the fabric or I can use Stixit. As of now I don't have a preference.
My main question is: with the corners of the balsa nearly sharp, is there a way to get the fabric to conform around the corners without folding over itself? Or would I just wrap a piece of Koverall around the two flat faces and leave the ends uncovered?
Thanks for your help.
...Steve
Old 09-24-2010, 01:41 PM
gene6029

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Another Koverall question

Steve, The way i would cover them is to do each side of the aileron seperate. However, i have just wrapped them myself also. The problem is that when you wrap the ailerons, you have alot more koverall to deal with at each end. To answer your question, you can cut slices in the Koverall w a razor blade away from the corners. Then bend the coverall down over the area on the ends of the ailerons, & trim off the excess. OR just cover the ends seperate. Once you paint over the koverall you wont be able to tell anyway. Hope this helps......Gene
Old 09-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Hawkeye
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Koverall question

Thanks Gene,
I think I'll put a small piece at the end and then cover the top and bottom, overlapping the end piece.