Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Texas RC Wholesale ???????

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Texas RC Wholesale ???????

Old 10-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Puff The Magic Dragon
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas RC Wholesale ???????

Anyone ever have any dealings with Texas RC Planes. http://texasrcplanes.com/index.html
They seem to have a good selection & prices,
Old 10-02-2010, 03:37 PM
carrellh

Default RE: Texas RC Wholesale ???????

A few people in our club have planes from there and had no problems with ordering or shipping.

The models seem to be pretty typical "low cost" ARFs. They're mostly laser cut very thin lite ply (just like 90% of current ARFs) which means they are light but probably not durable. Like any ARF they need to be checked over and possibly "fixed" during the assembly process. There is a CY Model logo on the page. I think CY supplies many different sellers. Many of these look very much like the models sold by nitroplanes and a bunch of ebay vendors.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:41 PM
stick
My Feedback: (14)

I know Robert personaly. He is agood man and will treat you right. I have built one of his trainers for the local club and flew it. It flies extremely well and for the price can't be beat. I also had one of his Katana 40`s but it crashed before I got it completed. (My dog thought it was a toy and destroyed it.) I will get another one though. I think for the money they are a good deal.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have delt with Robert on at least 3 occassions and have had great
service on all accounts. Didn't like the covering on a model I bought once
and he sent a pick-up return so I wouldn't have to pay the return shipping,
can't get any better than that, I'll deffinately buy from him again in the
future. Have any question send him an e-mail, he is very prompt in answering
or pick up the phone and give him a call he will give you an honest opinion
and answer about any of his products that he sells.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:40 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

When they first opened up, they got caught shilling here on the forums.  They refused to come clean about it, too.  I understand the need to get word of mouth going about a new business... but pretending to be a satisfied customer?  No thanks.  Plenty of places to get cheap ARFs, and I'd rather do business with those who behave in ways that I consider to be ethical.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Stealthjet

Texas Rc uses others video on their site, check out stealthjet member, the same TL-Ultralite 86.5 inch wing span....much much cheaper than tTexas Rc
Old 05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
fastplane

I have two of their planes, the sticks. They fly good and are built good. Most of the hardware is junk like the rest of cheaper ARFs. Only big problem with any of these discount ARF suppliers is lack of replacement parts. They mostly just carry boxes of planes and have little or no spare parts. Manuals are bad. Example: if you need a new wing for a Texas RC plane you will likely be out of luck. If cost is your only point and you never crash your planes then go for it.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Rotten40851
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Guy, and good Airplanes! Don't hesitate
Old 05-11-2012, 08:47 PM
batteryforrc

can not agree more.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:43 AM
cap 580
My Feedback: (40)

I ordered a Subaru Aero 40 from Robert . It has been backorderd since Nov. Glad I didnt get a Vmar after reading forums.   It should be here Wendsday.  Great guy to talk to .  He took the order himself.  Sounded genuine.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: fastplane

Only big problem with any of these discount ARF suppliers is lack of replacement parts. They mostly just carry boxes of planes and have little or no spare parts. Manuals are bad. Example: if you need a new wing for a Texas RC plane you will likely be out of luck. If cost is your only point and you never crash your planes then go for it.
Texas R/C Planes does support the models they sell with parts. I just got a cowl for a his (Fly Boys) Me 163 from him.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:57 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bought four planes from them and actually went by the shop-Robert is a great guy and I would buy from him again
Old 06-07-2012, 05:15 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have emailed 3 times and did not get a reply. Yet, there are many companies that have not returned emails.

Buzz.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:58 PM
cap 580
My Feedback: (40)

My subaru arrived Wendsday from Texas Rc. It was well packaged. I have not looked at hardware package but the covering looks great. I will buy from Robert again.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 PM
roknHS

I was interested in some of their offerings..........checked the shipping charge and changed my mind in a hurry. I don't like dealers using shipping and handling as a profit center. Their prices are good if you live in Texas.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:43 AM
rcslim

roknHS, this is for you and anyone else that questions shipping prices from TRCP. I'm Robert,(the owner) and rarely answer threads, but I must protect myself. Take the LXWXH of the box and divide it by 166 and you get a demental weight. That is what UPS charges for shipping! Any box that is over 5400 cubic inches is over size and these figures are used. I challenge you to take any plane we have and have your local UPS store calculate the shipping to our zip code - 75941 and check the price yourself. We could increase the price of our product and lower the shipping price but that would not be fair to our walk in customers. We charge for shipping only and have never charged a handling charge. Big boxes take up more space on delivery trucks and they charge more. Please know what you are talking about before you put someone down. Sorry if this offends you or anyone else.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:36 AM
beepee

Slim,

Well done and nicely handled. You sound like somebody worth doing business with. I will try to drive up to Diboll next time I am home-side. Hopefully with a big enough vehicle.

Bedford
Old 10-25-2013, 09:06 AM
bmitc64991

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI SLIM I JUST ORDERED A PT-19 FROM TEXAS RC WHEN IT ARRIVED IT WAS PACKED IN A DOUBLE REINFORCED BOX AND WELL PACKED I THANK YOU COULD HAVE JUMPED ON THIS BOX THE PT-19 IS EVERTHING THE PROFILE SAYES IT IS AND THIS IS NOT A CHEEP LAZER CUT K IT IS WELL BUILT I HAVE NEAVER SEEN A COVERING JOB THIS GOOD DIDNT HAVE TO TOUCH THE COVENG WITH AN IRON AT ALL EVERTHING IS VERY WELL PACKED AND FIT JUST PERFECT ROBERT IS A STAND UP GUY IF HAVE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE HE WILL CALL YOU RIGHT BACK THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME DEALING WITH TEXAS RC PLANES BUT SURE WANT BE MY LAST AS FAR AS SHIPING THEY DONT ADD ANYTHING IN TO COVER THE EXTRA BUILT UP BOX THAT THEY SHIP OUT YOUR PLANE IN AND YOU PAY EXACTLY WHAT IT COST ROBERT TO SHIP OR JUST TAKE A BOX THAT IS 16X12X52 TO UPS AND CHECK YOUR SELF BOTTOM LINE YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET YOU WANT GO WRONG WITH A PLANE FROM TEXAS RC (GOOD PEOPLE) Bobby
Old 03-05-2014, 02:07 PM
luiss007
My Feedback: (3)

ive purchased several planes from robert and have had a great experience no hassel and didnt have to wait 9 months to get it!!! he sells what he stocks! great guy will buy from again!!!