Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

DL 50 or DLE 55 ??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DL 50 or DLE 55 ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:01 PM
sylo26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DL 50 or DLE 55 ??

Hi guys ! I have to buy a 50cc . I know now that the Dl 50 has a good reputation now but is it the same for the DLE 55 ? Ask it because I found it at 359.00 on ebay from china with shipping include so .... Look super for the price but somebody have this motor or a DLE 30 to give me his opinion ? Thanks ! Paul
Old 10-14-2010, 12:10 PM
madsenw
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: DL 50 or DLE 55 ??

I had a Dle 55. I will say this I think a DA50 is a better deal. Its more money but you have to ask yourself what happens if you have a problem. I shipped a DA 50 to the factory and got it back ship shape in one week. Most of these planes want more power. So the 50cc can be light. Therefore, if I bought one it would be the 55. My friend has one know and it runs somewhat like a DA with a carbon prop, but its already broken down and we dont know if it will run again. It has only 10 flights on it.

I am telling you man I would go DA. In particular they have a new 60cc out in a month or two. I have a DA 50 with less than 20 flights which I will sell you for $400.00 because I need a 60cc flying at 6000ft. 303 383-3577. You can call me if you have any questions. If you do go dl or dle i would do a 55cc with a carbon Mezlick. My friend's ran roughly until we added the carbon prop. Then it ran well for one flight and broke down. I will let you know if we get if fixed, but I think a American DA is a better investment in the long run.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:09 PM
sylo26

So I understand that DL and DLE are pieces of sh ....? LOL ! Do you have a Pitts muffler on your DA ? And from where will you ship it ? Thanks ! Paul
Old 10-14-2010, 03:19 PM
LargeScale88

I've experienced this before, you get what youpay for. Cheap engien to save money? Reliability? If its a 50cc size airplane, its already expensive, why don't you get more expensive equipment thats more realiable? Thats what I would do. I knew someone with a DLE55. Junk. Absolute junk. DA all the way.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:47 PM
basman

Go the DA boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok there is no doubt the DA are quality but for the price how do you compare.
I own DL 50 ( rip), Dle 30, Dle 55 x 3 if I where to purchase all these motors in DA it would be 2/3 more the price.
Have had no problems with any of these motors and with Hooby King offering these for $ 269 US you gotta ask your self???????????

The last two Dle are fitted into AW 300 Extra And AW Ulitimate QB series. The cost of thses airframes are not cheap so risking the air frame is not a question.

Cheers
Old 10-14-2010, 03:54 PM
basman

[quote]ORIGINAL: madsenw

I shipped a DA 50 to the factory and got it back ship shape in one week.

Why did you have to send it back to the Factory ??????????????

There are any number of threads on here re : DLE's in differant planes, the number of these motors out there speaks for it self either there is a huge number of us flying junk being dissapointed every time we go the feild...................or may be we are having a ball and enjoying this great sport because it is more affoardable

Again you have to weigh it up
Old 10-14-2010, 04:25 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with the DLE-55. It is an outstanding engine especially for the price. What I would be concerned about is fakes. Buying on eBay from China for such a low price sets off some alarm bells. It very well could be a fake. There are fake DLE's out there copied by other less than honest chinese manufacturers. It could be real of course too. Even if it is real, is this seller going to take care of you when you have a problem? I doubt it.

I would not be afraid to buy the DLE but I would get it from an authorized dealer who can styand behind it. Iam sure they have an authorized distributor in your part of the word. If not, I'm sure there is some place in Europe or www.towerhobbies.com here in the US ships internationally.

If you decide to go for the DA though, you will definitely be happy with that too. Great engines.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:29 PM
eagledancer

way i see it, i can buy 2 dl's for the same money as 1 da. i will go dl
Old 10-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So far I haven't seen a nickles worth of difference between the DA50 and the DLE55. As for buying from China?????????? Too many trusted places here in the states selling the DLE right now, even Tower is handling them so the fear of having any problems or finding parts or service is bunk. As for the DLE 30, once you replace that made in China no name plug with a good CM-6 they are perfect right out of the box. Go into the gas engine forum and see what others have to say about them. I find them a bargin and great running engines. As much as I like DA I find the DLE every bit as good.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to order a new DLE-55 this weekend as a matter of fact. I just wish they made an 80-90cc single cylinder too.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:55 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

So far I haven't seen a nickles worth of difference between the DA50 and the DLE55. As for buying from China?????????? Too many trusted places here in the states selling the DLE right now, even Tower is handling them so the fear of having any problems or finding parts or service is bunk. As for the DLE 30, once you replace that made in China no name plug with a good CM-6 they are perfect right out of the box. Go into the gas engine forum and see what others have to say about them. I find them a bargin and great running engines. As much as I like DA I find the DLE every bit as good.
I have seen where others imply the same things about DL engines. Change the plug out and "walla" you are good to go and save some skeets too. I think there are a number of US distros now as well. I know there is DLUSA and TowerHobbies just off the top of my head and with Tower you know you will get top service hardly without question.

Not sure why some some just imply something is a piece os $(*&))@ if they have problems. I have worked with engines all my life and I have seen some cheap ones and good ones. Most of the time they are pretty much the same except for Quality Control and service which should be key factors unless you just want a throw-away engine.

I even have two GMS 76 engines and those puppies have been performers and run as smooth as any engine I currently own! At the price I would not scream too bad even if I had to throw one away
Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

I have seen where others imply the same things about DL engines. Change the plug out and ''walla'' you are good to go and save some skeets too. I think there are a number of US distros now as well. I know there is DLUSA and TowerHobbies just off the top of my head and with Tower you know you will get top service hardly without question.

Not sure why some some just imply something is a piece os $(*&))@ if they have problems. I have worked with engines all my life and I have seen some cheap ones and good ones. Most of the time they are pretty much the same except for Quality Control and service which should be key factors unless you just want a throw-away engine.

I even have two GMS 76 engines and those puppies have been performers and run as smooth as any engine I currently own! At the price I would not scream too bad even if I had to throw one away
The casting of the DLEs may not be up to the same standards as the DAs or other high priced engines but once I have an engine in the cowl I can't see it so I don't care. On that note I have never seen any engine with the nice polished case as my Brisons!! There is one supplier here that has under cut the price on the DLEs so they have the best prices, just can't remember there name, it would be on the gas engine forum though. Several of the guys I fly with buy from him, both the CRRC and DLE.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:12 PM
madsenw
My Feedback: (5)

Paul I would ship it from Colorado. I have a non-slimline muffler with it right now. Its a great motor though so if you get interested let me know. 303 483=3577. Wayne Madsen