Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Tinybritelights Ordering Question

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Tinybritelights Ordering Question

Old 12-05-2010, 08:09 AM
michi098
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinybritelights Ordering Question

Has anyone here ordered from www.tinybritelights.com ? I ordered a set of the Large Airplane Deluxe Lights from them. Since Iordered from them, I haven't received any confirmation email or order number or any acknowledgement of my order. I paid right away with Paypal and have a confirmation from them that the money went to tinybritelights. This was ten days ago. Needless to say, nothing in the mail either. I tried emailing them, but the email under "Contact" gets bounced back as undeliverable. Ialso sent an email to another email address which is listed in the Paypal confirmation, but no reply. Just curious if this is standard procedure...

Thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 11:41 PM
sebo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Tinybritelights Ordering Question

Contact Pay Pal....They straightened out one of my issues.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:48 AM
michi098

Right, I know I can do that.  I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with that place.  Maybe that's just how they conduct business.  It seems to be a fairly popular place with lots of people stating that they love their products etc...  I have 45 days to report the issue to Paypal, I guess I will give them a few more days and then have Paypal get me my money back.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:46 PM
michi098

Well, just as an update, if anyone else ever wonders.  I received my lights.  They are in perfect condition and look great.  Took about a week to receive them.  Their contact email still doesn't work, and besides the Paypal receipt I never heard from them.  Fine with me as long as they ship the product which they did.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:17 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad your order showed up. If given a choice of sellers, I never order from an online store that does not give a telephone number and/or an address in their contact info. I may even call and inquire about the stock status of the item. That way you know there is someone at the other end.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

They look pretty cool. Glad you got your order, I may consider them for my next project, which may be the e-flite Bonanza.

One thing to note is the site lists vendors in many states. I might try buying them locally, or at least having them shipped from a semi-local store.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:53 PM
michi098

I did see that they have some local stores distributing them too.  Might be a good way to go.  Once I get them nicely installed on my T-28 I will post a few pics.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: michi098

I did see that they have some local stores distributing them too. Might be a good way to go. Once I get them nicely installed on my T-28 I will post a few pics.
Looking forward to it
Old 12-11-2010, 10:09 AM
ARUP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get my lights from Superbrightleds.com and the resistors from Jameco.com to make my own. I power everything as configured for a 9 volt battery. Cost only pennies and easy to do. The superbrite site even has calculators to determine resistors needed.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

I'm glad your order showed up. If given a choice of sellers, I never order from an online store that does not give a telephone number and/or an address in their contact info. I may even call and inquire about the stock status of the item. That way you know there is someone at the other end.
How often do we see posts asking about a company when there is a problem and never before?? I'm the same as ABD, I never buy anyting on line without a contact number and I give it a try to make sure there are people on the other end that speak english. I need a new bulb for my TV set and found one for less then half price, no number or address. I sent an email asking there location and I wanted a contact number, no reply from them at all. No order from me either. The OP got lucky but if you can't get in touch with them it's a place I wouldn't bother buying from.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:43 AM
michi098

Well, I'm pretty good about not ordering from fishy sort of places.  When you research tinybritelights, everyone praises their products, there are videos all over youtube from people who have their products, pictures all over the internet, and people talk about them in R/C forums frequently.  To me that was enough to give them a shot.  I also ordered through Paypal, so if for some reason I didn't receive the product, I would have gotten my money back.  I think I took a pretty acceptable risk there, at least in my book.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:08 AM
michi098

I installed the lights. I like them, they are very nice. Although I have to say the red and green navigation lights are a tad on the short side for my T-28. If for any reason I have to take the wings off, there is no slack, not sure how I will go about that. I took the plane flying during the day, and the lights were not visible. I'm guessing this is normal, little LED's can't compete with sunlight and snow. I'll have to find time to go flying at dusk or dawn. Here are three pictures:

http://img718.imageshack.us/f/t28lights3.jpg/
http://img213.imageshack.us/f/t28lights2.jpg/
http://img64.imageshack.us/i/t28lights1.jpg/
Old 12-20-2010, 10:19 AM
sebo

Looks good.....None for the tail?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:52 PM
michi098

There is a white strobe in the bottom of the tail, you can't really see it in the pictures. Iwould have liked one more red or white light for the top of the fuselage or tail though.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:53 PM
sebo

Did it add much weight...that is, did the extra weight affect the flying characteristics of the plane?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:06 PM
michi098

Absolutely not.  The circuit board is the size of my thumbnail, the LED's are tiny and the whole thing including wires probably weighs next to nothing.  You could probably put these on my Blade MSr helicopter and it would still fly.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:42 PM
sebo

Thanks for the info....I'll consider it on my corsair....
Old 12-21-2010, 08:54 AM
michi098

If you have the Parkzone Corsair, it has the same wingspan as my T-28, should just fit. 
Old 12-21-2010, 12:49 PM
sebo

That's what I have....Thanks! PS.....Merry Christmas to you and all who are reading this thread.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:53 PM
michi098

Thanks.  Merry Christmas.