Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Plans - what's up with suppliers?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Plans - what's up with suppliers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 AM
LouisB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans - what's up with suppliers?

I feel like drinking all my bath water and chew the tub's plug. Most, if not all of the websites I visited, insist on mailing you a papercopy of the respective plan you're interested in. No cad drawings available, sorry. Wake up people, we have advanced since the Wright brother's first flight. A lot of copier shops can print cad. I have these facilities at work and permission to use it (within bounds). Are you worried about copyright? Well, I could scan your papercopy anyway and distribute it as a pdf/ tif/ jpeg/ whatever. I could even vectorise it, if I wanted to.

To mail me a papercopy frustrate the heeby-geebies out of me because I have to wait a few weeks and pay severe postage to Africa. In addition, if I want to scale your plan I now anyway need to scan it first. So what's the point?

Safe some trees and email me the cad plan instead!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:22 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Plans - what's up with suppliers?

You have to go through more trouble to steal and distribute bootleg copies which many people do. There is a movement now that the designers have given up sharing altogether because of the bootlegging, because they cant protect it.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Plans - what's up with suppliers?

My local Kinko's just closed there doors so it costs me more in gas to drive across town to have anything printed out. I just got some plans from MAN, took a week or two to get them, postage was cheap, I'm happy with the way it works, at the moment!! When I had a friend that had the machines at work to print out my hard copy from disc for me {for free} I was in hog heaven. I no longer have that option so getting the hard copy is OK. If I get another connection for making copies from disc again then I will be with you 100%!!!