Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

I am looking for a straight exhaust extension

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

I am looking for a straight exhaust extension

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:27 PM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am looking for a straight exhaust extension

Im building a plane with a saito .30 glow engine on it and it has an unusual case where the exhaust pipe goes back inside the fuselage. I am in need of some kind of exhaust deflector like dubro makes only I need one that is straight and doesnt have a slight bend in it. It just needs to somehow attach to the end of the exhaust pipe and be long enough to exit the side of the fuselage which is probably a distance of about 3 inches. Does anyone know where I can find an extension to either fit over the existing exhaust pipe like the dubro rubber ones, or, screws into the existing saito 30 threads?

David G.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:44 PM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am looking for a straight exhaust extension

You know, I wonder If I can go to the hardware store and just look for a small piece of rubber hosing that I can just zip tie on the end of the muffler. I think thats all I would need. any suggestions?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: I am looking for a straight exhaust extension

I have used Neoprene fuel line bought at the auto store. It works but does tend to harden with use so it needs to be replaced once in a while. You can also buy the steel flex lines with ends welded on both ends.