Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

SWB Servo Arms

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 02:33 PM
chuck l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SWB Servo Arms

I just got some SWB servo arms and for the life of me, I can't get them on the servo shaft. Prying them open with a screw driver doesn't help either. They are marked with an H for Hitec which is the type of servo I'm using. Any hints for getting them on and off??

Chuck
Old 02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SWB Servo Arms

They can be really tight, aye!?

I have a few, and the way I put them on was to put a thin blade screwdriver in the slot, then very carefully push it in just a little to wedge it open. (similar to what you did )

Then I used a slightly longer than std. screw to help pull it down on the splines, until about half way there. Then switching to the std. length screw w/ a wee bit of loctite on the threads to bring it down the rest of the way.

Gotta be real careful not to strip the threads in the output shaft, of course.

Try to get them on there in the right spot the first time, so you don't ever have to take them off...