Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Crankshaft Sizes

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Crankshaft Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:04 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crankshaft Sizes

Is anyone aware of a list or chart of various engines and their crankshaft sizes including thread size? This is not for any particlar engine. It is just a reference in case I want to go to the local hardware store and buy a prop nut for my Evolution .46 or my OS .61 FSR or whatever.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Crankshaft Sizes

I looked all over the place for a chart but never found one. I went into the glow engine forum and factory support and got the info I needed. Most instructions and spec sheets don't seem to have the crank and thread size??? A YS 1.20 is 8mmX1, I have that one down pretty well!!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask in the glow engine section. Someone was gathering that data a while a go.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:47 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Gray Beard, I know the Saito 1.00 very well too. I have been fighting what I think is a slightly bent shaft in one and am infiinitely familiar with that shaft. Also know the OS .60 and .61 FSR as I've been fooling with those for years. But that's about the limit of the ones I can name offhand. TFF, good idea. Really kind of dumb of me to post this here and not in the engine forum to begin with, but then I tend to do dumb things with some frequency.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: JollyPopper

Gray Beard, I know the Saito 1.00 very well too. I have been fighting what I think is a slightly bent shaft in one and am infiinitely familiar with that shaft. Also know the OS .60 and .61 FSR as I've been fooling with those for years. But that's about the limit of the ones I can name offhand. TFF, good idea. Really kind of dumb of me to post this here and not in the engine forum to begin with, but then I tend to do dumb things with some frequency.
I have a system for locating the correct size of nut, I go into my building box and try everything I have until I run out of nuts or find the correct size. It sometimes works. Spinner nuts are always a thrill but I have even more of those. My LHS has a chart on the wall someone made for the spinner nuts so sometimes a call there works out too.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:02 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a chart covering almost all engines:

http://www.friendlyflyers.org/prop-shaft.html

Bruce
Old 02-28-2011, 11:17 AM
crossman

It's not exactly a chart, but this does give thread sizes for many engines.

http://www.truturn.com/af.htm

just select the engine you need info on and it will give the adapter # and the thread size.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Gray Beard

The AMA chart is pretty good. I tried to print it out so I had it on my shop wall but I need to get some colored ink in my printer! Thanks for the thread.