Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Saito 150 - Graupner 15x8 3 blade, which Spinner will fit this prop???

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Saito 150 - Graupner 15x8 3 blade, which Spinner will fit this prop???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 11:51 PM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 150 - Graupner 15x8 3 blade, which Spinner will fit this prop???

Hi All - I need some help again. I'm getting ready to start on my 4*120 and have decided to go with the Saito 150. It will go in inverted with the Pitts muffler. I have also purchased a couple of Graupner 15x8 3 blade props to go on it for a scale appearance (I am bashing it to look like an AirTractor 802). I also just received the TruTurn 2.75" standard 3 slot spinner. It doesn't even come close to fitting over the graupner blades.

Is there another spinner out there I should consider and just send the TruTurn back?

Should I send this back in and see if I can have it slotted out to fit?

Should I just mark where I think the metal needs to come off and very carefully try to slot it out myself with the Dremel? I know from experience that aluminum can be a little strange to work with sometimes!

Thanks in advance for the help.................... I just love RCU
Old 08-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Mustang Man-RCU

Default Saito 150 - Graupner 15x8 3 blade, which Spinner will fit this prop???

Gregg,
I fly a lot of 3 blade props for scale purposes and I go almost exclusivly with C.B.Tatone spinners. You can slot them yourself with a dremel and the price is quite reasonable compared to some of the others. Good luck.
Steve
Old 08-12-2003, 04:58 PM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Default Going to keep the TruTurn

Thanks for the info Mustang Man. I will certainly keep this in mind.

I called TruTurn and thanks to Chris I have everything sorted out and the 3 blade spinner going in to them to cut out for me. For all of the prop balancing I do I did not want to screw up the spinner so bad that by the time I got it to fit and also be balanced all I had left was the shaft bolt

Just another beginner learning from his mistakes by not looking into everything fully before ordering

Thanks