Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Does anyone know??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Red Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know??

Does anyone know anything about Nitroplanes.com if they are going out of business? Seems like just about everything they are still advertising is out of stock, and has been this way for a long time. I have tried for months now to purchase the Red Baron bi plane and I am interested in others.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 AM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does anyone know??

I wondered the same thing. I can't see how they can stay in business with so little in stock for so long.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

It's been like that for the 3 years I've been in the hobby. The prices are so low, and everyone knows to look there for great deals.

Their customer service is non-existant except for in this ARF forum.

The quality is basically 'project quality' where you can expect to ditch the hardware, get little to know instruction, and think about recovering the plane.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:17 PM
stick
My Feedback: (14)

You can try texasrcplanes.com They carry a lot of the same planes.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Red Max

Thanks. I forgot about them.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

It's been like that for the 3 years I've been in the hobby. The prices are so low, and everyone knows to look there for great deals.

Their customer service is non-existant except for in this ARF forum.

The quality is basically 'project quality' where you can expect to ditch the hardware, get little to know instruction, and think about recovering the plane.
Joe, your being too kind.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

N/P has always been like that. Gotta catch em when the boat comes in, if you want something.

Texas has both the Red and Black versions available, per their site.

Black http://texasrcplanes.com/fodrtripl.html

Red http://texasrcplanes.com/fokkerdr1red.html
Old 03-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Red Max

I found the same planes that NP sells on E-bay. I also found my PT-17 for $99.00. Just a different seller.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:48 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Nitroplanes proves the old adage, "Cheap things are the most expensive things you can buy." Once you replace most of the hardware and fix a few things, you're nearly at the same price as a top quality ARF. Then what you have may or may not fly as well.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:22 AM
heavy metal thunder

Nitroplanes is in business and business is at times is too good. A problem they have is that they have to estimate how popular a item might be and order accordingly. Because their prices are low, so are their profit margins. Last year I was in the back of the warehouse and saw many products that turned out to be dogs and didn't sell, because of that they had eat the costs and sell them cheap to try get rid of them (sometimes that still didn't get rid of them). When they start to sell out it might take a month or more before the next shipment arrives. When they get a shipment in sometimes they are gone in just a few days. Four months ago getting batteries where a problem. Sometimes if you really want something you have to check their online site often to see if it is in stock and order right then, hopefully they don't run out, before you get the order in. In a few cases when Tony did the initial product tests and problems arose and if they were bad enough he notified the manufacturer in China and they had to resolve the problems. Sometimes they had to redoing the entire mold. Case in point was the 1500 mm F4U Corsair. Originally, a sample came out almost a year ago and the darn thing was so tail heavy it took well over 16 oz. of nose weight and a extra large battery to balance it out. Tony and myself discussed what might be done and he and Antonio shelved the project and notified the manufacturer. The new one came out about a month ago which was much better. I have yet to complete the original, I have lighten the tail section, installed two 2200 mah batteries in the front and it still requires 8 oz of lead. Work continues as time permits.