Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How to setup Flaps - DX 7 and Spektrum AR 6210

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How to setup Flaps - DX 7 and Spektrum AR 6210

Old 03-07-2011, 01:33 PM
RenRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to setup Flaps - DX 7 and Spektrum AR 6210

Hello

I am very new to this forum and relatively new to the Hobby. Can some of the kind hearted RC hobbyist please help me setup my radio correctly?

I have this Cherokee "60 ARF that I am setting up with a Spektrum AR 6210 Rx and my DX-7. Iam using 4 servos (2 Aileron and 2 Flap) and I have the following slots (may not be listed exactlyin order)on my Rx:

Thro - Slot 1
Aileron - Slot 2
Elev - Slot 3
Rudder - Slot 4
Gear - Slot 5
Aux 1 - Slot 6

I am using a "Y" harness to connect Aileron servos and another "Y" for the Flap servos that are currently plugged into Aileron and Aux1 slots. I was hoping to use the "Flap Mix" - Position switch to get different angles of Flap settings . However, after initial setup, I found it odd that when I move my Ailerons or even Rudder couple of times, the Flaps gets enabled with it and moves down and up. Some sort of mix programmed by default into these receivers I believe. And also my receivers (main one and the remote one)starts blinking.

Can anyone please help with this and also provide a step by step instruction on how I can get this setup correctly?

Thanks in advance for all guidance.