Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

covering on ESM FW-190

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

covering on ESM FW-190

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:46 PM
miker49
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default covering on ESM FW-190

don't know if its a chinese copy of solartex or some kind of plastic covering but i'm having a hard time getting it to shrink.wrinkles before anything else.also using low heat and slowly increasing it.nothing but wrinkles or no shrinkage at all.any help will be greatly appreciated
Old 03-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Oberst
Banned

Default RE: covering on ESM FW-190

ORIGINAL: miker49

don't know if its a chinese copy of solartex or some kind of plastic covering but i'm having a hard time getting it to shrink.wrinkles before anything else.also using low heat and slowly increasing it.nothing but wrinkles or no shrinkage at all.any help will be greatly appreciated

It's not Solartex because if it was, you wouldn't be having a hard time shrinking it. That's the problem with a lot of ARF aircraft these days, the Chinese don't cover the planes correctly. They don't tug on the areas they need too while ironing, and at times they don't overlap the edges enough resulting on the covering to pull away when you apply the heat. All they care about is quanity rather than quality.

I use the trim iron mostly on ARF aircraft because of the problems I mentioned, it gives me even more control than the big coving iron. I'm sure it's a cheap cloth covering, I'd send a E-mail to ESM and ask them that same question if you don't get your answer here.

Pete
Old 03-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Redback

Default RE: covering on ESM FW-190

Are you sure it's an ESM FW 190?

I have had three of these, two with the built up wing & stab and have had no need to do anything with the covering. Also, there is a long thread on the ESM190 in the warbirds forum and no one has mentioned covering problems.

The VQ FW190 is another story however!

Terry