Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

SPRING AIR PRODUCTS

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

SPRING AIR PRODUCTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:16 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: SPRING AIR PRODUCTS

It is totally impractical to have to fully set up the system just to check the fit of say a gear door or wheel clearance. This possibly occuring hundreds of time in the course of a complex build or assembly.

The gear is indeed to be retracted this way during construction or just maintenance. At one time SpringAir sold a tool intended for this which was just a small flat tip. If you look at the end of the cylinder You will see a champer edge only at this point to provide a falcrum point for the tool and it would be impossible to damage the rod as the only part of the rod the screwdriver ever connects with is the tee bar and none of the rod that actually protrudes back into the cylinder.

The only modification on a small flat tip is a small degree of thinning and narrowing of the width, seconds on a grinder.

I highly recomend to anyone using SpringAir retracts first learn to do this from the get go before ever even starting the installation. You will be using it constantly during the construction. This is the first problem everone using these systems runs into and the solution is so simple and you will not damage anything.

John