Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

supertigre .18 marine

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

supertigre .18 marine

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:02 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supertigre .18 marine

hi im new to nitros, said what the heck learn nitros. been all over the net i have read alot of nitro break in pages etc etc etc. i have 5 tanks of 20 % nitro ran through boat. i used 2 buckets and siphoned water through cooling tubes as i ran engine. glow plug still nice and shiney starts and runs good. on 5th tank put boat in pond on 3rd loop not running full throttle real high for any amount of time i had a flame out. 1st question and this will sound weird but stock needle settings are high needle 4 turns low needle is 2 1/2 turns. im down to 1/2 turn on ls and about 2 on hs. i know no nitro is same but does this sound right? at idle i have a faint white smoke coming out of exhaust as i run it high the smoke gets thicker "more volume". also when i turn the boat actually stops in water at any throttle range. my guess is that the angle of the prop has to be changed probably up and the rudder is blowing out of the water or cavitating. but thats just a guess. any help or input would be nice also is there a mid range needle on the engine as the manual points to the nut where the servo rod mounts yet the low speed needle in parts diagram is located under the high speed needle. thanx
Old 04-29-2011, 07:21 PM
furn1593

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: supertigre .18 marine

open up the high speed about a half turn. give it another go.. and start making some runs in the water to determine what adjustments to make. rich will kill a plug, lean will kill the engine.