Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Ball-Link Play ? ?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ball-Link Play ? ?

Old 05-15-2011, 01:11 PM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ball-Link Play ? ?

I have some heavy duty ball links. Some are metal (aluminum) with a brass insert, and some are plastic (also with a brass insert). Both were supplied with 4-40 bolts and lock nuts. The bolts, however, are a bit loose inside the brass inserts .... causing some play. I can get rid of the play if I tighten the bolt, but then the brass insert will not move.

So, ..... is this acceptable, having the brass inserts locked/stationary and just having the ball-link body rotate around the stationary brass insert ? Or, should the brass insert also be free to move/rotate around the bolt ?

Thanks. Bob
Old 05-15-2011, 03:49 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Ball-Link Play ? ?

The ball part should not move, tighten that up all the way, just the part that goes around the ball should move.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:03 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

The ball part should not move, tighten that up all the way, just the part that goes around the ball should move.
Agreed
Old 05-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed X2.

Make sure you have the servo arm base installed cone towards the link (if it's a DuBro style or similar)and then honk it good and tight. The ball link should have no slop but a full range of movement.