Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

7xMhz radios

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 09:46 PM
joelacrane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7xMhz radios

So I've been out of this hobby for about 8 years now, but am considering getting back into it. I've got a couple of assembled planes and even more kits, and lots of engines. My biggest concern lies in my radios, which are circa 2003 7xMhz radios. A quick check online has revealed that EVERYTHING is 2.6ghz now! Unfortunately, all my RC stuff is in storage a whole state away from me, so I can't give you model numbers beyond this: Airtronics something-something 400 and 600, respectively. The something-something was a 4 channel, and the 600 a 6 channel.

Are these older radios still safe to use? Are batteries and receivers still available?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 7xMhz radios

Yes the radios are still Ok to use. 72 mhz is still legal and asa safe as it ever was. maybe safer because most have switched to 2.4, so your field will be less crowded on 72.

Yes your receivers should still be OK

After 8 years in storage, NO.......NO........ NO.......... your batteries are NO good, even if they accept a charge.... REPLACE BOTH AIRBORNE AND TRANSMITTER BATTERIES.

welcome back, good luck

steve