Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

rx crystals

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:23 AM
e_normus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rx crystals

i have a futaba fpr127df 7 channel reciever that is a 30 witch is low band my question is can i use a 36 high band in it??. newer recievers selling now, suggest you can use either high or low band crystals. thanks
Old 06-13-2011, 10:26 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: rx crystals

ORIGINAL: e_normus

newer recievers selling now, suggest you can use either high or low band crystals. thanks

This is true since Futaba finally started center tuning their Rx's to the center of the entire 72 band like the competition allowing Rx only channel changes across the entire band without retuning.

All the older Futaba Rx's were not tuned to the center of the band but instead tunned to the center of the bottom or upper halves of the band. If you choose to make a change outside this limitation then you are the test pilot.

The bottom line is the older and newer Futaba 72 Rx,s were not tuned the same way.

John
Old 06-13-2011, 02:27 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

You will be fine, either way, channel 35 was the cut off point so you're going to be so close to that, install the crystal and do a careful range check.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:30 AM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

30 to 36 I'd do with no hesitation. I have two of these receivers (47 & 49) and now have a transmitter on 13. I'll probably never use the receivers again because it would cost around $30 each to have them changed and retuned.