Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Elevon programming trouble

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Elevon programming trouble

Old 06-22-2011, 08:45 AM
knifemaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elevon programming trouble

[:@]I have just completed a Delta foamie that requires elevons. I followed the directions for the Tx and RX (DX6i Spektrum/orange 4ch) . Right servo to elevator, left servo to aileron on RX. The results are: evevator works correctly, ailerons are reversed. I have tried reversing the aileron function and end up with up going left, down going right, right going down, and left going up. This is very wrong. I tried reversing the elevator and ended up with only one surface working at a time resulting in roll left or right depending on up or down, or left or right. I really don't understand this. How do I get the ailerons to work correctly?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:54 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Elevon programming trouble

I don't have that radio, but I'm assuming the change needs to be made in the Elevon mix itself and not with the surfaces.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If your elevators are working properly but the ailerons are reversed, just interchange the ports the two servos are plugged into, that will make them work as you want.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:08 PM
knifemaker

Thanks guys. The DX6i elevon setting is only on or off, no tinkering. The switching of leads did the trick. Either the book is wrong (same instructions in the DX5e book) or the radio is dislexic. Now if the wind will die down some, about 20mph for last 3 days, I'll try that little sucker out!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:13 PM
The Ghost

ORIGINAL: knifemaker

Thanks guys. The DX6i elevon setting is only on or off, no tinkering. The switching of leads did the trick. Either the book is wrong (same instructions in the DX5e book) or the radio is dislexic. Now if the wind will die down some, about 20mph for last 3 days, I'll try that little sucker out!
It is the orintation of the servo and elevon linkages that make the conections backwards.

Cheers