Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Glitchy/Twitchy Futaba Conquest radio system

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Glitchy/Twitchy Futaba Conquest radio system

Old 06-26-2011, 06:57 AM
RC Fan chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitchy/Twitchy Futaba Conquest radio system

I have a Stick 40 Plus with a Futaba Conquest 6 channel system (72 MHz band, FM) installed. It worked fine up until a couple weeks ago, when it got extremely glitchy and twitchy. For example: I touch the antenna, and ALL the servos move and twitch around. Or, I drum my fingers or tap on the Tx and the same thing happens with the servos. It doesn't matter if the antenna is extended or not, or how far the plane is, or if I'm close to any buildings. The Rx antenna is not knotted up; it's trailing freely behind the tail. Finally, both the Tx and Rx batteries are fully charged.
Probably dumb of me to try flying it, but I had a mild crash with the plane...I blame the servos.

But what really bothers me is that it was all fine before. As far as I know, nothing has been changed to any of the radio equipment, yet it goes crazy. What should I do??
Old 06-26-2011, 12:25 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: Glitchy/Twitchy Futaba Conquest radio system

Check the chrystal in the transmitter...and or find someone that has a radio on your channel and see what happens...other than that I'd send in the trasmitter
Old 06-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Live Wire

Ant. is loose or not making conection in the sections. Clean with a none oil base cleaner, do not lube[:@]
Old 06-26-2011, 04:29 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Open the back of the Trans. and check if the ant. is loose, other then that you probably should send it in for a check up. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 06-27-2011, 03:52 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

and check that the little wire at the bottom of the antenna is not broken
Old 06-28-2011, 07:16 AM
markhamregular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the same problem with the same plane and the same radio. A 72 Futaba and a Big Stick.
Finally it crashed.
After I recouped radio and engine and intalled on another plane I found out the culprit: it was the aileron servo extention cord.
I would suggest you do range checks using someone looking at the plane while you go far away, removing things like the extension and see what happen. And don't fly until you find the problem.
I miss my Big Stick!!!!