Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Clavin01
My Feedback: (193)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Hey Ten
Did you get a route schedule from GH with all the RCGroup guys maybe you can track it down.
Get the Route and Stops, Post them here and then anyone who might be near one of the bus stops
can check and see if the package is there, if some one finds it let them know it is to be returned to you the shipper.
Then let you know where it is, and you can call greyhound let them know where it is, and they can contact the agent
and let them know to return it to you. Just a though it might work.
Cliff
Old 07-28-2011, 03:18 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Clavin01

Hey Ten
Did you get a route schedule from GH with all the RCGroup guys maybe you can track it down.
Get the Route and Stops, Post them here and then anyone who might be near one of the bus stops
can check and see if the package is there, if some one finds it let them know it is to be returned to you the shipper.
Then let you know where it is, and you can call greyhound let them know where it is, and they can contact the agent
Cliff
Hey this idea is awesome. I take Orlando, FL.
Finders keepers?
Old 07-29-2011, 02:56 AM
Kaos Rulz

Ten,

I've been watching these posts with great interest and I want you to know that you're displaying an incredible amount of maturity concerning this whole ordeal. I tip my hat to ya!!

I feel like the receiver is not as honest with you as you have been with him.

On a humorous note, the last couple of posts remind me of that old movie, "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world". I can just see all our RCU brethren running around the country looking for a grand prize.

Best of luck with this.......
Old 07-29-2011, 03:33 AM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

Great Movie, does that make Denny, Spenser Tracy or Milton Burle?

Chris923
Old 07-29-2011, 03:44 AM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

I do know that he has read this thread. he knows the lengths that I ahve gone to. Yet he doesnt have the consideration to return an email? maybe he has been busy again and hasnt had time to answer me. Maybe out of town and no access to his email. I am positive this didnt start out as any kind of scam, .
Dude; while your thinking this way, I have some ocean veiw properity for sale here in kansas, selling it real cheap if your interested
Old 07-29-2011, 03:57 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

ORIGINAL: Clavin01

Hey Ten
Cliff
Hey this idea is awesome. I take Orlando, FL.
Finders keepers?[img][/img]
All joking aside,,
I doubt it is still sitting at a GH station. I'd have to assume that at this point someone snagged it from a GH depot
If everyone along that route scans their local Graig's List,, it might just pop up.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:36 AM
j33p3r
My Feedback: (142)

Just for future knowledge, does paypal tie up your whole account or just the amount of the disputed transaction if something like this happens?
Old 07-29-2011, 04:44 AM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

j33, All I can tell you is, In my account I only had about half of the total. My accound balance shows a negative balance of what was not in my account thay they wanted to return to the guy. I cant say for sure, but I doubt they would take more than the total thee claim was for.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:21 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

I think he means, If you have $1,000 in your account and someone files a refund for $300. Do they freeze $300 or do they freeze the entire $1,000 in the account?
Old 07-29-2011, 08:07 AM
tenacious101010

I meant what he knew. I just didnt answer very clearly. I went back and read my last post, Corn Flakes with Jack Danials instead of milk is not conducive to good typing.
Many here have speculated about the buyer, his intentions and such. I have dealt with a great many people in life from different contries, different religions and yes, even some people from Providence. Now for a question and answer session;

1. Did the buyer do what he was minimally required to in this transaction? Yes
2. Do I feel the buyer was helpful and courteous? Not on all occasions.
3. Do I feel he started this out as some kind of scam? NO
4. Do I think he has the plane and the money also? NO
5. Do I feel the buyer could have conducted himself in a more mature and professional manner? Yes
6. Was the buyer ever rude? NO
7. Is this mess the fault of the buyer? NO
8. Does he deserve a bad rating? NO, he did minimally above what is legally expected on him.
9. Do I think the buyer cold have put forth a bit more effort to resolve this? YES
9. Would I ever do business with him again? NO
10. Will he get a Christmas card from me? NO
11. Will he send me a Christmas card? Doubt it
12. Who is at fault here? Me, for not making better shipping and insurance arrangements, live and learn. Greyhound, for having no, to very minimal ability to be responsible for packages in their care. The Buyer for not cooperating in locating the package, or at the least letting me know if he had been to Greyhound the many times I asked him if he had.
13. Would it have been more likely he would get his plane if the buyer had posted here and helped find the plane? YES
14. Why is the abbreviation for the word "Number", "No.". Stupid question and there is no good answer since there is no o in Number.
15. Is this the last stupid question? NO, the last question was.

Denny
Old 07-29-2011, 08:13 AM
tenacious101010

One more thing, speaking of questions. I lived in Kansas for a year. Many years later the Air Force gave me a choice, go to Kansas or Korea, I chose Korea. I realize that Kansas is a great state for anyone interested in aviation. There is much aviation history there. Kansas is a major state for aviation and I think I know why, its all about efficiency. Kansas sucks so bad, the incoming planes can throttle back miles outside the state and glide the rest of the way in.
Just kidding, couldnt resist, you can pick on Florida if you like.
Denny
Old 07-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Warbirdguy

LOL Isnt Kansas on the boarder with Misery (Missouri for those of you who dont get it [X(])? LMAO
Old 07-29-2011, 11:59 AM
kram
My Feedback: (7)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

tenacious:

Like many abbreviations "no" is derived from the first and last letters in the root Latin word "numero."

Or many other distinctly non-Latin word abbreviations, like "Maine" = ME

Or "Kansas" = KS

mt
Old 07-29-2011, 12:01 PM
tenacious101010

Thanks for the correction, And I thought the abbreviation for Kansas was "SUCKS". silly me. I guess the Kansas State tourism board will be posting on this thread next.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greyhounds new slogans ...

We'll get you there ... to insanity, or to the black hole.

Greyhound ... we'll get your packages there ... wherever 'there' is?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:02 PM
YAT-28E

Chris 923

I think Denny who is coverering all the bases clearly and exactly would have to be Sid Ceasar! 350 thousand , divided by 16,.......

No?

Whos flying the plane??
........no ones flying the plane!!!!!
I can grab a million lines from that movie
Old 07-29-2011, 04:26 PM
rickusaf
My Feedback: (19)

Denny,
Wanna share my shipping experience today, and it wasnt Greyhound, but UPS. First, I called Dish Network for a replacement remote, what they sent me was a whole new receiver (sounds like RC doesnt it )< call Dish and said this isnt what I wanted, why did you send me this for a remote. Their mistake of course, so since I didnt open the box (too big to be a remote control), they said send it back "Refused". Called UPS to pick it up, they said be home between 9AM-6PM. Waited and watched two UPS trucks pass my house, I said &^&^^, why didnt they stop? By 7pm today, no pickup, I call and say Thanks for ruining my day, 12 hours watching a box sit on my front porch. They said sorry but the driver forgot, hmmmm....I didnt forget because I cancelled things I wanted to do. Then they told me it wont be till monday, I said no it won't, you'll come get it NOW, you are not gonna but me out another day for your drivers mistake. Well, I call Dish Network (Their Fault to start) and said I am ready to cancell my service totally. Oh no we dont want that, we will give you 3 months free HBO. Long Story Short, They sent driver back out, and I got free HBO for 3 months. They all make mistakes, but when it comes to money, they dont wanna lose it either !!
Old 07-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Warbirdguy

Did you have to pay for that remote? Mine went bad and they told me I would have to buy one from them, at the time it was like $40. I just went down to Lowes and bought a generic for $8. Been using for so long now the plastic is worn down lol. I also argued with them about a new customer can get like 4 or 5 rooms for free with new service hookup. I had a second reciver in my bedroom and I had to pay $150 for it, plus the guy to hook it up and add the second thing on the dish, and $5 a month. I wanted to know why a new customer could get all this and more for free, but I had been with them long enough that my contract had been out for 4 years, so 6 years of no problem service and I get nothing. I swear, this was her answer. You can have your current service disconected and reaply for service and get the 4 rooms free deal and we will even throw in the recordable reciever, but you would have to agree to another 2 year contract..... I didnt know how to answer that. Was a long silence on the phone. I just hung up LMAO. That is how these people think...wait...they dont think...that is what the computer screen tells them to say. No one wants to take the bull by the horn and ...think...about what they are saying.

I miss the days when someone had to hold onto the rabbit ears looking north with one foot in the air covered in alunimum foil to get that favorite show you could watch for free on one of the 3 channels you could pick up. sigh
Old 07-29-2011, 05:30 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Once helped a friend move to the apartment next door to his. His rent was $600 a month and was going up to $700. He "moved out" and "moved in" the same day. Since he was a new tenant he got the first years rent for $500 a month.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:00 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

Once helped a friend move to the apartment next door to his. His rent was $600 a month and was going up to $700. He ''moved out'' and ''moved in'' the same day. Since he was a new tenant he got the first years rent for $500 a month.

Interesting business model We rent rooms. Old tenant price go up. New tenant gets room cheaper rate to promote new business.

You have to be super shrewd in everything you do these days and it speaks volumes about how messed up everything is just for the sake of some extra money and yet in the long run many lose. Many times it is all about who you get on the other end of the phone. I have gotten so I just tell the person I need this escalated to management immediately. Some times it works other times it doesn't.

If you don't record the conversations and get the person's name, badge number, etc., you have wasted your time. You can call and talk to "Mary" and call back and ask for Mary and they say, "Mary who? We have no one here named Mary." Maybe these are re-located Greyhound workers? [X(]
Old 07-30-2011, 03:58 AM
rickusaf
My Feedback: (19)

Warbirdguy, No I didnt have to pay anything for the remote. I will tell you another trick w/Dish Network, call them up and tell them you have enough with the problems with them, like losing signals in storms, pixelization on some channels, whatever you can think of. They will then send you to a dept. called "Customer Loyality". Complain, and tell them your thinking of changing to another provider, and they will offer you 5-10 off per month, or free programming. I called and complained about the free HD, "which wasnt really free", and I got that too. You should also have free Starz for a year. Hope I helped, and hope Denny sees a greyhound bus pull up to his door soon...airbrakes and all..LOL

Old 07-30-2011, 01:17 PM
tenacious101010

Well, Still no reply from the buyer. Very gentlemanly of him. Here I was worried about his not getting his money right away, and he wont even reply so I can put some money in Paypal for him. Amazing, it just doesnt make sense to me. But then if I were in his situation, I woudl have handled things completely different. One things for sure, the buyer and i do not think alike. The slow and no responses from the buyer seems to be the norm. I am going toa ssume he has his money and will get Paypal their money when I can. I wont worry about being as quick as possible to be considerate to the buyer. I am done with that nonsense. Such childish games. No wonder the other raindeer didnt want him to play games with them. Now to see what the Corperate gods can think of next to screw us out of money. You know, Greyhound and Paypal is probably the main reason the Taliban doesnt like us.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:22 PM
tenacious101010

Oh, anyone want to contribute to the "Dennys Indebitedness to Paypal Fund", please bid on my items for sale on RC Universe and Ebay (PROUDAD). I want to get this mess over with.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:39 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Why would the guy come on and post here or bother with your emails after you and others have publicly bashed him,, as stated he most likely has read these posts,, why would he want to take a dip in the shark infested waters?? Nothing good could come from that.

Also, you saying in a previous post that paypal told you the money was refunded and the case/claim was closed. They paid him if the claim is closed,, that's why you have a negative balance. Paypal's next step is to come after you for their money,,, I'm sure they're not all that happy with you cancelling your credit card on them.. got to be some breech of contract there I'm sure

Good luck
Old 07-30-2011, 02:03 PM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

Thanks for the correction, And I thought the abbreviation for Kansas was ''SUCKS''. silly me. I guess the Kansas State tourism board will be posting on this thread next.
I'll have you know that we have alot going on here, the largest ball of twine, deepest HAND DUG well, Ameila Airheart stuff, wizard of oz, AND some guy just made the world record book for doing something or another, so there[:-] ok after reading this, your right, other than the Ameila stuff, it sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.