Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Warbirdguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

First off, thank you for your service. I would have joined and tried but I have a physical problem that kept me from it I never spit on anyone from the military. Father (army, germany) brothers (2 army, airborne and hawk missle batt in germany and 1, we wont disown him for being a Jarhead :P) No issue at all with military. Didnt see where that had anything to do with this.

As for the yankee. If your gonna ack like that, you bet your gonna get called something. That was the only thing I could call him without getting banned from forums. I have family that live in upper part of Michigan. I call them the same thing Not a problem with who won what war. LMAO thats so far ago its a non issue. But, I stand by my discription of this one particular individual. I do appoligize for grouping all Yankees in the same bucket Only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch.

Now, Im 53 years old and I am by no means a child. I have lived and contributed to this great country and even though the military wouldnt take me doesnt mean I dont feel as strongly as you about it. So, therefore, I will NOT be growing up any more Im looking for a way to grow down. I respect what you did but dont blame me for getting dumped on when you came home. Whole different bunch of idiots did that to you. I still watch the guys coming home on TV at Ft Campbell and every time it brings tears to my eyes. So I think Ive earned the right to say what I darn well want too.

As same as you, I will not say any more about the idiot from OH. I will not block you. Why would I You said your piece and Im ok with that. You spoke with Intellegence and why would I be angry with that Id buy you a beer any day of the week and gladly set and listen to your war stories and tell you a few my family told me about. Some, Im sure, they are not that proud about.

So set back, take a breather and watch this soap opra unfold about Denny's plane.

You know, It would surprise me any at all if it started showing up in pictures around the US like that little nome statue that got stolen a while back. Cept it went around the world and ended back up at home finally Wouldnt that be a story to tell

WBG
Old 08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
rickusaf
My Feedback: (19)

Warbirdguy,
 I understand where your coming from now concerning this other guy, and lets do get back to "As The Plane Turns" ..LOL and Denny's Saga which I hope is about to unfold, the suspense is killin me. And Thank You for allowing me to serve you and others, was my pleasure, what some people dont understand that it took your help too, so give yourself more credit that you deserve. Cant build a honeycomb without the worker bees !!! G'Nite
Old 08-01-2011, 08:15 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

rickusaf, U da man!!

And WBG, don't wrench your arm pattin yoseff on the back. 
inebreated. HA! Bet yall didnt know I could use such big words

It's 'inebriated'. LOL 
Old 08-01-2011, 08:15 PM
tkline

I love that "as the plane turns"
Old 08-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Warbirdguy

LOL I might have been just a little when I wrote that :P
Old 08-01-2011, 11:44 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

If you block ignorance, its like it doesnt even exist....POOF! Gone!... Ahhhh, what a great world this is

Hey that sounds great I'm going to try it! "shuns post by member"

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40247.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1643320  
Old 08-01-2011, 11:46 PM
AmishWarlord

I wonder if RCU would make a feature where you could block all post from a particular region for WarBirdGuy?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57192.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1643321  
Old 08-01-2011, 11:50 PM
AmishWarlord

Yes Amish, that was directed at YOU! ahh, gotta love a sick mind Those like Amiish and WBG, you have helped inject some much needed humor in a not so fun situation. As long as we are not attacking each other, its all good. Even the villiage
LOL
Old 08-02-2011, 02:43 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

You guys have some unique debating skills,, I can't argue with that
Old 08-02-2011, 03:11 AM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

LMAO @ SHUN, there should be sub categories or more options that block and shun, maybe "do not allow to reproduce" or "can only use computer with adult supervision" or "use cyber duct tape over annoying orifice" or .... well you get the idea
Old 08-02-2011, 03:18 AM
AmishWarlord

Shuned, LOL
Old 08-02-2011, 03:18 AM
tenacious101010

Heres what I want to bring my planes to the field.

Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 AM
jbdismukes
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

We might even go and protest at the Greyhound station, just up the road.
...perhaps a mass flyover??
Old 08-02-2011, 05:01 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: jbdismukes

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

We might even go and protest at the Greyhound station, just up the road.
...perhaps a mass flyover??
That'd awesome, count on me
Old 08-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Warbirdguy

Yawwwnnnnn man, what a night. I finally slept lol. Had our club meeting. Wasnt to bad. Its held at the field. Late so sun was pretty much down and it was cooler Fired up over the warbird meet coming up. Man, coffee is still making in the machine. Having trouble keeping each of my eyes from wondering away from each other.

I take it no word from GH Denny? You know, maybe when you ship a package that has a small surprise in it, like a stink bomb. Hmm maybe I shouldnt use that word. Some might get the wrong idea about what kind of bomb I mean lol. But, have it set to go off after the alloted time for delivery is up. Maybe like skunk smell or rotten eggs or my wifes gasses...LOL did I say that out loud???
Maybe they would find it with no problems at all.

But, on a serious note. If I was shipping a really high dollar aircraft. And not just with GH. I think I would install somewhere in the plane a LoJack system. Im sure it wouldnt cost alot and would be good insurance Probably better than regular insurance.

BRB coffee is done.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:27 AM
tenacious101010

Had to take a break from here and go play in the F-16 landing at Oshgosh thread. I heard from paypal, got a call today saying they wanted money. They said they paid the buyer, so thats done. What a jusrk, couldnt even return my email that I was trying to make sure he had his money. Anyway, they explianed Paypal policys, I explained my policys. he wasnt interested, I asked him how he could expect me to value his policies if he didnt respect mine. I did get a bit of information from him after pushing and pushing him. He says Pay pal 99% of the time will settle a claim in favor of the seller if the seller has delivery confirmation. I explained that since Greyhound doesnt know where the package is of if it was delivered, I couldnt provide confirmation yet, they are still investigating. So, only ship with delivery confirmation or Paypal will rule against you.
Now after the discussion with the guy, here is how a Paypal and greyhound scam could work. I am not saying this is what happened this time, but after my experiences, it sure seems feasable

1.Paypal/Greyhound scam First, buy something using Paypal and make sure it is shipped Greyhound.
2. Dont go pick it up and file a claim with Paypal, they will settle claim and refund your money after X number of days.
3. After this time is up and they have paid you, go get your item, now you have the item and the money.
4. Put the item up for sale on the internet, dont accept Paypal and dont ship it Greeyhound or you could get screwed. and you collect the money.
Simple, the timeing of and policies of Paypal and greyhound make this possible, please thank them after the scam.

Kinda sick that it could be so easy.
My wife wants to pay them off now, I really dont want to, but will let her do as she wishes so I dont have to sleep with one eye open all the time.

Denny
Old 08-02-2011, 07:36 AM
AmishWarlord

You cold just not wait and pick it up since you apparently don't have to sign for it.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Warbirdguy

After 10 or so airplanes Ive picked up over the years at the local Greyhound station here, I have never had to sign for any of them. They either call me or I walk in and ask if its there yet. They just say its out by the building and I go get it, load it, and head out. Now that I think about it. Im damn lucky someone just didnt walk up and take it.

Im still going to do personalized delivery. If you need anything delivered, keep me in mind, as long as your within 400 miles of me That gives you a range of 800 miles total in my region. I might stray outside of not too far. Email me for a quote

WBG
Old 08-02-2011, 10:57 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW... from my biz law classes, I would say that PayPal is wrong in paying the purchaser in this situation. The seller appears to have met all the requirements of the sale and has documents to prove the shipment.

The buyer was not terribly smart about refusing insurance. It could well be that this buyer recognized the failure of Greyhound to require signature upon delivery and took the merchandise. If the shipment turns up in the buyers possession, he should be careful as this is a close knit hobby community. There are a lot of eyes and this guy will not be able to fly or sell this plane without notice. Maybe not like an expensive jet, but the buyer has to worry about fraud charges. As a lot, plane guys are standup.

I don't live that far from the recipient... AND I DON'T ACCEPT PAYPAL.... I GOT SCRUUD ONCE TOO!
Old 08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When people don't communicate back to you, it's usually a sign of a scam. Once they got what they wanted, there is no need for them to communicate further.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:23 PM
AmishWarlord

....wonders if the buyer is "Flying it like he stole it"!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

When people don't communicate back to you, it's usually a sign of a scam. Once they got what they wanted, there is no need for them to communicate further.
I certainly hope the buyer is not a jerk...man, I hate scumbags that ruin it for the rest of us. We pay high prices because of goofheads that are not honorable in business. Let's hope this thing is legitimately lost and turns up somewhere and the buyer is not a scumbag scammer!

Unless something is major wrong with the individual (as in the hospital or death in the family) then there is no reason after this long of a time that he would not return an email to the seller. I am not sure it will turn up in my neck of the woods, but if I see it I will surely let tenacious know about it.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:40 PM
AmishWarlord

OK on a more light hearted note has anyone seen these "Air Swimmers"? They look really fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRG4xfJcLF4

Also here is a little float plane action for ya.

http://videosift.com/video/How-Float...-without-water
Old 08-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Warbirdguy

Check this one out Ive watched it several times and its amazing.

http://www.ted.com/talks/a_robot_tha...m_medium=email

WBG
Old 08-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Ahhh, love this feature

This user is on your ''block'' list and the message has been blocked.
Click here to unblock this user and view this post. <- like that is gonna happen

I do too....

There's many people that have received that feature because moderators don't do their job depending on who the person committing the offense is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.