Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 11:01 AM
rickusaf
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Too Funny Denny,
 Especially the guy who got his family jewels sucked down the commode on the greyhound bus, but if you read the article, I would also think I would be even more embarrassed with the last name of "crabs". Hey, just a thought but maybe thats what happened to your plane, it got suck'd down the toilet, and they emptied it in Providence Rhode Island, call the local santitary dept., and ask if by chance something flew out of the sewer system. Hope Mr. Crabs is doin okay, in all honesty, I was feelin his pain just redin about it..lol

Old 08-06-2011, 03:54 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya Know with all the traveling a lot of us do, why couldn't someone organize a plane delivery service. Say I'm going to Arizona for the winter from Wisconsin and some one needs a plane picked up and delivered somewhere between here and there. I'd be willing to take it in my RC Trailer for a little help with gas money. It's just an Idea, think about it. Beats the crap outa Gray Hound or some dead beat trucking out fit that's just gona beat it up anyway.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:10 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Now that's a damn good idea Hound Dog. It would be kind of like a RC plane pony express. People would post when they are travlining and what kind of space they have to carry aircraft. Hmmm we should look into this.

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

Ya Know with all the traveling a lot of us do, why couldn't someone organize a plane delivery service. Say I'm going to Arizona for the winter from Wisconsin and some one needs a plane picked up and delivered somewhere between here and there. I'd be willing to take it in my RC Trailer for a little help with gas money. It's just an Idea, think about it. Beats the crap outa Gray Hound or some dead beat trucking out fit that's just gona beat it up anyway.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:24 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

OK, so did the plane ever arrive??
Old 08-06-2011, 06:27 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Nope the saga continues.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:34 PM
brockettman

Ohhhh..... It arrived, just not sure where.......[:-]
Old 08-06-2011, 07:12 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I have shipped many planes via Greyhound. Many took way more time than I figured they would, and sometimes weeks instead of days. Most buyers were very patient, but I did have one buyer that got very mean over the whole thing, and took it out on me. A helpless feeling indeed.

I also had one plane that never did arrive, several years ago. Has never surfaced. Came to find out that the bus it was on was involved in a fatal traffic accident, and the NTSB had impounded the bus, and all it's contents as part of their investigation. All I could do was refund the buyer his funds.

I hope your plane surfaces. Chances are it will.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Tyrant21

This thread grabbed my attention and I went through all 25 pages.  It was like an enjoyable, captivating book.  The characters were good, the story had formidable enemies, there was an injustice...but the ending was a let down.  The main character didn't overcome?  The villains just beat him and got away with it?  I kept thinking that a twist was coming, but he just got all beat up instead.  It was like watching the movie "passion of the Christ."  Still, despite comparing it to that (atrocious) movie, I still give this thread "two thumbs up" because it's in the non-fiction category (too bad this rating carries no monetary value or it would've changed the ending).

Tyrant
Old 08-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Ace
My Feedback: (13)

Sound much like my Indymac/One West Bank mortgage modification, no one knows what the other is doing.....Maybe Greyhound is owned by them?
Old 08-07-2011, 02:47 AM
rickusaf
My Feedback: (19)

Hounddog,
 Not a bad idea, maybe I will start a plane delivery service for the tri-state area (Florida, Georgia, Mississippi & Alabama). Would it be worthwhile? I would guarantee safe delivery to the persons residence "safe and sound". Then we could form other delivery persons thoughout the 48 states, making connections like the old pony express. Denny can ride "SHOTGUN". LOL

Old 08-07-2011, 03:13 AM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

I will bring my highly trained watchcats to ride shotgun for us. It aint over yet, waiting for Greyhound. Also waiting to see if RCU does make changes to their "contract". I think that will go a long way towards preventing a misunderstanding on how things work when using Paypal and RCU contracts. I still hope the plane is returned, I would rather have that than the money.
Denny

Old 08-07-2011, 03:40 AM
tenacious101010

Paypal has kicked me, but I will get my account back in the positive, I have a plan....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52901.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1645371  
Old 08-07-2011, 03:45 AM
tenacious101010

Since the buyer filed a missing item claim prior to verifying the package was there, and Paypal paid it, it has become obvious that Paypal had a crystal ball as per this additional evidence.

Name:	Fd92349.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1645385  
Old 08-07-2011, 04:51 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

Since the buyer filed a missing item claim prior to verifying the package was there, and Paypal paid it, it has become obvious that Paypal had a crystal ball as per this additional evidence.

Does anyone know the buyer or maybe in his neck of the woods and flies with him? If so, maybe you could get someone to just take a drive over and hang out with him for a bit and talk "planes" and you just never know. I mean maybe some cousins, or someone in his family might go and hang out with him?

This could be done without any suspicion whatsoever and from your standpoint you are only verifying that he has not scammed you and then you can indeed (matter of factly) search for the plane though GH. I mean do you know beyond doubt that GH did or did not get the plane to the individual? I would have to stop right there and answer that question for myself. I am the type of guy that would pay someone's expenses to go and get those questions answered for me.

Something is rotten in Denmark since he has never emailed you back. I simply for the life of me don't understand that part of this whole puzzle (unless he went on a couple month long vacation somewhere in Europe). Am I missing something in the thread. I could be - since my brain cells get hung up more often than not these days.

Signed,
Still confused [X(]
Old 08-07-2011, 05:09 AM
tenacious101010

The buyer has emailed me back several times. It did take several emails to get him to answer whether he wendt down the the destination to see if it was there. I cant say that he has refused to reply to emails, but I can say he says he is busy, it was his other email and didnt have access, and such, most likely the truth. I do also know that as much work as I have put into making sure the buyer was taken care of,there was never a thanks, sorry for the hassle, I hope you got your plane or your money back, anything like that. Not very personable but oh well, the worlds full of people that are not very personable. The buyed did the minimum required and just a little bit more, most likely the plane is sitting in the box somewhere.
I seriously doubt that the buyer has the plane. Its possible, but I seriously doubt it. I am going to trust my instincts on this and assume he doesnt have it. I know several people here think they know, but they havent dealt with him like I have and I think in this situation, I am the best judge of the buyers character. This kids been a round the block so many times, I have learned a lot about people and I am pretty confident i am correct on this. If anyone on and Around Providence Rhode Island sees this Top Flite Beechcraft Bonanza, I would like to know, I could easily be there in a short time.
Thanks, Denny

Name:	Yw66851.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1645472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69350.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1645473  
Old 08-07-2011, 05:14 AM
tenacious101010

I did a search on Google (funny Paypal) and I found very little. Obviously theres nothing fun or funny about Paypal.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:57 AM
andernamen
My Feedback: (3)

Like a lost child alone in the cruel world...your plane suddenly carries more importance to you now and you remember fondly those great flights you had together...kinda the same way as longing for that plane you loved but crashed and can never fly again! My experience with Greyhound wasn't a good one either. I got my plane, but no one there seemed to have a clue. I was told repeatedly over the phone that it wasn't there. Not until I physically looked for it in the back and pointed it out, did they produce it. Being a people transportation company, their focus isn't at all on freight, and it shows. Good luck Denny getting the plane back. By the way, loved the story of the F-14 jockeys stuck in the cockpit.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: andernamen

Like a lost child alone in the cruel world...your plane suddenly carries more importance to you now and you remember fondly those great flights you had together...kinda the same way as longing for that plane you loved but crashed and can never fly again! My experience with Greyhound wasn't a good one either. I got my plane, but no one there seemed to have a clue. I was told repeatedly over the phone that it wasn't there. Not until I physically looked for it in the back and pointed it out, did they produce it. Being a people transportation company, their focus isn't at all on freight, and it shows. Good luck Denny getting the plane back. By the way, loved the story of the F-14 jockeys stuck in the cockpit.
Last summer one plane was shipped to me on GH that came into the Richmond, VA GH terminal from Texas. I got a person on the phone at Richmond GH that was very nice and she spoke with me a number of times during the process and when the plane finally came in she called me to let me know that it had arrived. I told her I was having someone else drive down to pick it up and she even assisted with that process as well.

That has been my only experience with a plane shipped via GH. It does seem that many have had issues and it seems a few too many problems. I think the electronic "lojack" type device would be invaluable for shipping an expensive airplane on GH. This type of device could be hidden in the packing frame somewhere or even in the plane so someone would not be able to find it easily.

The really cool thing is that you would know where the plane was at all times during the shipping phases. Once the plane arrived at its destination then the device could be snail mailed back to the seller and every one is happy [8D]
Old 08-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Warbirdguy

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

Already working on it Houndog Read starting post 219.

Quote:

You know, this might be a good time to bring this up. For a while now, since im close to retiring lol, Ive often thought if there would be a market for personalized delivery service. I have a nice climate controled van and with all the seats out, I could get a few large airplanes inside with no problems. For a fee they could be picked up at your door and hand delivered to the recipients door. Just not sure if there would be enough interest in it. Now that there is a captive audiance here maybe I could get some input while we wait to see the climatic ending to the lost plane saga LOL

Also, RoyR, when I was a child, I used to make yearly visits to the shriners hospital in Lexington KY. I know what you are talking about with the toy buses. I had several of the big cruiser buses with the upper level. I just wished I had kept them. Im sure those would be worth a fortune now.

WBG

Old 08-07-2011, 08:03 AM
tenacious101010

LOL, there isnt much in life we havent covered somewhere in this thread
Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

ORIGINAL: andernamen

Last summer one plane was shipped to me on GH that came into the Richmond, VA GH terminal from Texas. I got a person on the phone at Richmond GH that was very nice and she spoke with me a number of times during the process and when the plane finally came in she called me to let me know that it had arrived. I told her I was having someone else drive down to pick it up and she even assisted with that process as well.

That has been my only experience with a plane shipped via GH. It does seem that many have had issues and it seems a few too many problems. I think the electronic ''lojack'' type device would be invaluable for shipping an expensive airplane on GH. This type of device could be hidden in the packing frame somewhere or even in the plane so someone would not be able to find it easily.

The really cool thing is that you would know where the plane was at all times during the shipping phases. Once the plane arrived at its destination then the device could be snail mailed back to the seller and every one is happy [8D]
A lot of the Motorcycle guys that ride in the Desert & Mexico, etc. have started carrying these
http://www.rei.com/product/784892/sp...-gps-messenger

The buyer could mail it back to you once it got there,, or the scammer would get on more thing to sell on ebay?? either way you'd always know where the plane was...or was last
Old 08-07-2011, 12:11 PM
huck1199

Six days of tracking is not enough for speedy Greyhound.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:10 PM
scale only 4 me

Pretty easy to rig bigger batteries if one wanted to use this type of unit for that purpose. The point is,, this type of technology is readily available
Old 08-07-2011, 01:51 PM
tenacious101010

Am I the only one seeing this message?

This user is on your "block" list and the message has been blocked.
Click here to unblock this user and view this post.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:25 PM
scale only 4 me

Could be

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.