Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 12:32 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

ORIGINAL: Avaiojet

A coupe years ago I was planning a trip to drive to California with my Dirt bikes
Scale,

Would you be taking the back trails? Are they there?
Typically when I go I take all Interstate, but when I get there I ride all over the desert/mountains of So Cal.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:39 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WBGuy, you might be on to something there. My ex next door neighbor did this very thing hauling horses. He bought a four horse trailer and got on the internet in some horse forums and started hauling horses all over the country. His wife did the dispatching from home and whenever he got to a destination, she had a pickup somewhere close to go somewhere else. As far as I know, he had no down time and never ran empty. A couple major accidents ended his horse hauling career, but it was due to his driving rather than lack of business. It might be a viable operation.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:27 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: JollyPopper

...A couple major accidents ended his horse hauling career, but it was due to his driving rather than lack of business. It might be a viable operation.
Ouch! Major accidents wile pulling a trailer with horses in it sounds terrible! I hope his accidents weren’t from absolute gross negligence.

That would be cool though if you could keep moving from destination to destination. It would be a nice way to travel the county in one of those big toy hauling motor homes.

I'd retire from my job and do that if it would pay a living and for the motorhome!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52406.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1639753  
Old 07-25-2011, 04:17 AM
jbdismukes
My Feedback: (2)

So THAT'S where the idea came for the Smart Car!

Also, the idea of the wife being the dispatcher gives her a way to keep her retired husband out of her hair for as long as she wants.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Warbirdguy

Im sure my wife would rather be at my side. Some may not believe it, but my wife and I get along really well together. We are complete oposites LOL But the one thing we both like is to travel. I have other income so it wouldnt be like I have to do it to make a living. I think that is the element that makes it a great idea Im not going to be going to someones home to pick up an expensive plane with the attitude that ...god I dont want to work today....I believe that is the problem with most shipping companys now. The people are there working because its a job and they dont like what they do so they dont take any pride in their work. Sad, but true. Id be doing it cause I would be enjoying myself, offering a great service, and meeting like minded people in the model world along the way. Maybe even staying an extra day to visit local flying clubs.

As far as logistics. Id just take a laptop with me and she could check on shipments while we are on the road.

Would probably start out in a small region and work out from there. Im working on a game plan right now. Checking with my insurance company for rates, and what it takes to get bonded. Anything I can do to set my customers minds at ease.

Ok, another cup of coffee and out into the oven to get some more work done.

WBG
Old 07-25-2011, 06:09 AM
Warbirdguy

Amishwarlord,

I noticed your near Charlotte NC? My brother lives in Conners. He has a pool and spa buisness there. We vacation up in Maggie Valley alot. Matter of fact. I think we are going to head that way here in a couple of weeks. Right after our large Warbird Meet here in Tullahoma, TN on the 13th. Biggest in the area from what we have been told by the people that participate. Check us out http://coffeeairfoilers.com/ LOL ok, there is my plug for the day :P

WBG
Old 07-25-2011, 08:05 AM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

Well, another Monday morning and only silence from Greyhound. All the promises that a 6 digit claim number would be assigned and a person contacting me right away are lies as far as I can tell. I even had a number to a Greyhound agent provided to me, but havent heard from them either. Its been 56 days since the package was put in the care of Greyhound. I wonder if they have a babysitting service? When you drop the kids off, make sure you accept the insurance they offer you.Then again, that could be a waste of money...
Old 07-25-2011, 08:16 AM
tenacious101010

I just called 214-849-8620 (Greyhound Corperate) , I left a message for them to call back to me since their promises of a 6 digit claim number being assigned and an agent calling me back has not happened....
Old 07-25-2011, 08:35 AM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe it is time to call the better business bureau or maybe even your local TV station. Onethat does those "on your side" things where they help people with problems that get no results.....

Here is something in our area www.nbcphiladelphia.com/on-air/as-seen-on/NBC-10-Investigators.html

Here is another one from a another station where they helped a women with a ticket issue. philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2011/06/22/3-on-your-side-red-light-camera-citation-problem/

I'm sure Greyhound would not like the TV exposure.....
Old 07-25-2011, 09:16 AM
tenacious101010

Called 1-800-739-5020, ( general customer service) and am on hold, 26 repeats of the "thank you for continuing to hold, an agent will be with you as soon as possible" followed by approx 75 seconds of some really bad noise (music?), at least they didnt say something like "we appreciate your business, you are a valued customer....." I know they care, they may just be too shy to show it with words or actions. While I was on hold i had time to send them an Email,

Hello,
I contacted you via email and telephone about my missing package. I did receive a call from a Ms Brown who told me my case would be assigned a 6 digit case number and the person working the case would get back with me right away. That was two weeks ago, I have heard nothing at all. Can you give me a supervisors name so I can speak with them? (not Linda Brown please). Please pass on to them this link to a thread where this package loss event is being documented. A lot of the packages your company ships are from and to these people. The results of this will be posted. If a representative of your company would like to comment on the thread, maybe it could explain Greyhounds approach and handling of this type of event. Or they could explain the lack of effort.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/post...001&toStyle=tm

Thanks, Denny

Still on hold, maybe I could get my new roof put on while I am waiting?

So, really getting bored listening to this recording and the sorta-music. I called the Tampa Terminal this morning and was given a number,

I will try it next I suppose. Wow, the agents are busy! Makes me wonder how many packages they have lost. Soon, it will be one hour I have been waiting. Been on hold for 45 minutes so far. I keep repeating to myself, they really do care.

Ok, finally after 50 minutes someone named Keshia answered the phone. I explained the events leading up to todays call to her. She seemed quite surprised at how things have progreassed, or not progressed. She was able to rtell me that I now have a 6 digit claim/file number. She also gave me the name Martha as the Claims Examiner assigned to my case. She says that a tracer should vave been sent out long ago to find the package and she couldnt tell if that had happened or not. She says if the "terminal" in Providence was closed as the bus came thru, it was probably sent on to Boston, the last stop. There it woudl have been put back on the bus and sent back thru Providence. Keshia sent out a tracer and was going to contact Boston. Sh also said she would pass on my information to Martha and have Martha contact me via email or telephone today. Keshia also said they would need an invoice stating what I paid for the plane. First I heard of that! If I pay to insure it for $300, then thats what they should pay it seems to me. Since I bought it at a swap meet, I dont have a reciept but I do have the RC Universe contract showing the purchase price..........
Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 AM
tenacious101010

I recieved a warm and friendly response from Martha at Greyhound as follows:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Om34018.pdf (22.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-25-2011, 10:01 AM
tenacious101010

Wow, looks by the date on the letter, it may have been sent out to me a couple days ago. I havent seen it yet. I emailed her back with the RC Universe contract attached. as follows;

Hello, I was never asked to provide this documentation. I did purchase insurance for the value of $300. I have attached the sales contract to the buyer for the Model airplane. I do not have FAX capability. The item was purchased thru Paypal and they will settle their portion by the 27th., two days from now. I am concerned that the buyer will receive a Paypal reimbursement and the airplane if it is found. Can you advise me if and when the package is found? If the buyer is paid for the loss by Paypal, then I want to have the package returned to me. Please inform me now if there is anything else I need to provide. Also can you tell me what will happen next with my claim? The total value of the package is the $540 as stated on the purchase contract attached.
Thanks, Denny
Old 07-25-2011, 10:05 AM
tenacious101010

Wow, looks by the date on the letter, it may have been sent out to me a couple days ago. I havent seen it yet. I emailed her back with the RC Universe contract attached. as follows;

Hello, I was never asked to provide this documentation. I did purchase insurance for the value of $300. I have attached the sales contract to the buyer for the Model airplane. I do not have FAX capability. The item was purchased thru Paypal and they will settle their portion by the 27th., two days from now. I am concerned that the buyer will receive a Paypal reimbursement and the airplane if it is found. Can you advise me if and when the package is found? If the buyer is paid for the loss by Paypal, then I want to have the package returned to me. Please inform me now if there is anything else I need to provide. Also can you tell me what will happen next with my claim? The total value of the package is the $540 as stated on the purchase contract attached.
Thanks, Denny
Old 07-25-2011, 10:16 AM
tenacious101010

LOL, My son just brought in the mail, the letter from Greyhound! Just too funny, gotta love the timing. I wonder why they are just now asking for this information? Seems if they had asked for it when the claim was filed it would have made a lot more sense. Maybe the longer the claim is delayed the longer they can keep the money and collect interest on it? Did someone mention the word inept?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:19 AM
tenacious101010

Well, time to go do something else. I have to take my truck up north of here, a guy wants to make a commercial for a dog food company and wants to video a guy playing a guitar with his dog in the back of my truck... Will be somethign different, I will keep my eyes open for my package laying in a ditch along the way. Hmm, Maybe I should check the dog pound in case one of the greyhounds was picked up?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Warbirdguy

Im pretty sure they are fishing for a way to get out of paying you what the plane is worth. I figure they will eventually pay you the full value on the amount of insurance you were able to buy, $300. They know they screwed up and the item is lost or setting somewhere collecting dust in one of their franchis's storage rooms. They are just killing time and making you jump through all these hoops and hoping you will just give up. I would fight them till the end of time, which by current calculations, you have....17 months (dec 2012) LOL. Hang in there Denny. Wear em down.

WBG
Old 07-25-2011, 10:37 AM
tenacious101010

Just got an email from Paypal:

After careful consideration of the evidence provided in the case detailed
below, we have completed our investigation and decided in favor of the
buyer. Under terms of our User Agreement, we have debited the following
amount from your PayPal account as a refund to the buyer: $540.00 USD

This means that the RC Universe contract means nothing to Paypal. I am glad at least the buyer will recieve his money from them, I felt bad his money was tied up like this but there was nothing more I could do for him. Now to stop the plane from being delivered to him and have it returned to me in case it is found. I will deal with Paypal, I only had $270 in my account, I am hoping they gave him his money and now its between them and I. If a buyer changed their mind or was too busy to check at a Greyhound station, Paypal will give them their money back even if they refused to go get their package. Paypal doesnt care about contracts it seems, just delivery even though Greyhound does not deliver to the door. Now to see how Paypal will collect the $540 from me.
Denny

Old 07-25-2011, 10:42 AM
tenacious101010

Just called my bank and cancelled the VISA card associated with the Paypal account. Now Paypal will have to find how to get the remaining $230.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Warbirdguy

If your paypal account is linked to your CC or bank account, it will be done automatically. You cant stop it. Will then be up to you and your bank or CC company. Its a nightmare, trust me It happened to me. Not with a model but with parts supplier I deal with. Hope your end comes out better. You at least have a chance of getting your plane back.

WBG
Old 07-25-2011, 10:52 AM
tenacious101010

We finished looking into your case and we decided it in Georges Valtz's
favor. Here's the case information:

Buyer's name: XXXXXXXXXX
Buyer's email: XXXXXXXXXXX
Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXX

Transaction date: May 25, 2011
Transaction amount: $540.00 USD
Your transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Case number: PP-XXXXXXXXXX

Another email from Paypal;

Refund amount: $540.00 USD

We've already refunded them the money from your account and the case is now
closed. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough money in your account to cover
the refund, so your PayPal account balance is now negative.

That means your account activity might be limited until you bring the
account balance to (or above) zero. You should also know that any money
going into the account will go toward bringing your balance back above zero.

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

So the buyer has his money back, that parts resolved. Now Paypal and greyhound still are not done.

I hope this serves as an example of how this company works. So much for many of the opinions, this is documented that even tho the buyer filed a claim before ever going to the bus station to get the package, Paypal felt that was OK. The buyer could refuse to pick up the item and Paypal would still rule in their favor.
Kinda weird in my opinion. I will never sell anything using Paypal again.
Now for Greyhound.........

Old 07-25-2011, 10:54 AM
brockettman

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

I recieved a warm and friendly response from Martha at Greyhound as follows:

Wow! Reading that gave me warm fuzzies...

Good luck with the PayPal situation [:@]
Old 07-25-2011, 10:59 AM
tenacious101010

Heres the email I just forwarded to Greyhound:

Hello Martha, Here is a forwarded copy of the email I just received from paypal, Please thank those that were involved with this transaction for me. I would like the package returned to me if located. I would rather have the package than the money. The buyer has been refunded his money, please return my package to me. I repeat, do not deliver it to the destination on the package, return it to me.
Thanks, Denny

To: Happy Seller
Sent: 7/25/2011 2:30:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Case #PP-XXXXXXXX is resolved, but your balance is below zero

Hello sherrie cole,

We finished looking into your case and we decided it in XXXXXX
favor. Here's the case information:

Buyer's name: XXXXXXXX
Buyer's email: XXXXXXXXX
Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Transaction date: May 25, 2011
Transaction amount: $540.00 USD
Your transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXX
Case number: PP-XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Refund amount: $540.00 USD

We've already refunded them the money from your account and the case is now
closed. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough money in your account to cover
the refund, so your PayPal account balance is now negative.

That means your account activity might be limited until you bring the
account balance to (or above) zero. You should also know that any money
going into the account will go toward bringing your balance back above zero.

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:35 AM
MILDBILL-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

WOW, WOW, & WOW!!!!!!! I have never used Greyhound for shipping, or pay-pal, & now after keeping up with this, I for sure NEVER WILL. I should feel lucky as I had taken greyhound from Cleveland Ohio to Athens Alabama & back again way back in 1985 & did not get lost or misplaced. My wife may not have put forth such efforts to find me as you have done Dennis, & $300.00 insurance money was probably worth more to my wife back then than I was. lol. Bill.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:44 AM
tenacious101010

I wasnt happy with the email from Paypal, but I have to admit I liked this part....."Unfortunately, there wasn't enough money in your account to cover
the refund, so your PayPal account balance is now negative." It seems that as a buyer, use Paypal, they will take care of you. If you are a seller, beware.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Lone Star Charles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Denny

Many of us have been able to feel the pain that you have elaborated throughout this entire ordeal.  I am very sorry for what you have gone through so far as well as that which you have yet to resolve.

Although it is easy to understand your frustrations, these past few posts; however, go a little beyond the boundaries of common courtesy:

Inferring that the buyer might be less than honorable - "If a buyer changed their mind or was too busy to check at a Greyhound station, Paypal will give them their money back even if they refused to go get their package." - and even posting the buyer's name leaves me a little cold.

Stating that you have closed your VISA - "Just called my bank and cancelled the VISA card associated with the Paypal account. Now Paypal will have to find how to get the remaining $230. " - seems to imply that you are now looking for a fight with Paypal. 

Although I certainly wish you to be made whole on this transaction, I hope your view of the rest of the world does not become tainted because of this.

Just my two cents - and that's all it's worth.

Charles  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.