Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Magnum 30XL

Old 07-07-2011, 03:03 PM
1 Pitts Special 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum 30XL

I have one of these little engines given to me the other day. I have let it lay around for awhile and have decided to use it. My problem is what plane would it be good for. It is a 4 stroke and seems heavy to me. I dont think it would have the power to run up a .40 size plane. But is there anything out there it would be good for or is it a waste of time to use. The other idea I had was to possible put it in a boat of some sort but I have never ran one and not sure if it would fit. Any help from you guys would be helpfull. All the best
Old 07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
1 Pitts Special 1

Default RE: Magnum 30XL

Sorry I forgot to tell you it was a Magnum 30XL.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:11 PM
nh4clo4
My Feedback: (33)

It will fly a 15-25 size plane. The little stick on flea bay is a nice match. I have had two of those engines, and both ran like a watch.
Ed
Old 07-07-2011, 05:40 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They work pretty well on a 25 sized trainer, Ugly stick, They would fly a 40 sized cub? They are meant for cruising around.

I too have one. It has been a sweet little gem of an engine. I had it in a 25 sized high wing trainer. Just floats around the sky.,

Buzz.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:58 AM
1 Pitts Special 1

Thank you for your quick replys. I have been going over this in my mind and searching my older build plans and following your advice I am thinking of putting it on an Andrews Mini Master. I dont know if you remember them but I flew several of them in the 70's and learned pattern flying on them. I wish I could find a kit in someone attic or garage. Scratch building is a long process but well worth it considering the limited planes kitted today that I enjoy building and flying. Thanks again fellows.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:45 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did buy mine for a special scratch build. It is a float plane. The floats are part of the fuse. I have the plans yet I can not remember the name. It was in Model Aviation and the plans are still out there. Getting old is no fun. Can not remember much any more.

Buzz.