Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Super Skybolt Drawings

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Super Skybolt Drawings

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 02:59 PM
Kevlar
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Super Skybolt Drawings

Does anyone have the manual for the GP Super Skybolt, and if so could you provide a scanned image copy? I need to clear out some other things before I'm allowed to order, but in the mean time would like to get some color/design schemes started.

If you do scan it, please convert to .gif or .jpeg as those sizes' are easier to email.

If anyone's built this Biplane and has some hints/tips please provide those as well.

Thanks!

Opps, Sorry about that. I don't mean the WHOLE manual, I would just like the 3-view line drawings....
Old 04-15-2002, 03:16 PM
tmproff
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually have the manual here with me at work I just started to build it, and am about half way done with the fuselage and have already finished all tail surfaces. It's a very easy kit to build so far, but am worried about the cabanes. I am about to go to lunch, but I can email you the plans (probably going to be a big file) I can also make it into a pdf file if you like (make it much smaller). Anyways I'll start scanning it when I get back from lunch.
Old 04-15-2002, 04:00 PM
Kevlar

Excellent. Thanks! Actually, .gif/.jpeg would be better as I would be able to convert to Autocad.

I heard the sheeting for the fuse is pretty thin. Did you have any cracks or breaks to deal with?

Thanks again!
Old 04-15-2002, 04:53 PM
tmproff

actually, I haven't had any problems with the sheeting. I heared the same thing, and was worried. It says to be sure to wet the wood before bending. Maybe if people are skipping that step, I could understand the cracking. I will tell you that the fuselage itself is rounded, and to get some of the ribs within the fuselage to fit correctly, you have to bend the wood quite a bit. The fuse side and doubler are pretty stiff, so I really had to put effort into rounding the bottom of the fuse. There are 2 1/4 ply wing bolt bracers that you have to install where the bottom wing attaches, and for them to fit correctly, you have to flex the wood. I'm hoping to get most of the fuse done tonight (including the motor I hope) I'll keep this post in mind and be sure to relay my experiences. I was very suprised at the size of this plane. It's BIG. The fuse is very tall and wide. It's going to be a beauty. I decided on using the Shell Oil trim scheme (I work for Shell) like the one that they used on the formula I racer they are sponsoring.
Old 04-15-2002, 05:31 PM
Kevlar

I screwed this whole thing up. I would like a .gif/.jpeg of the line drawings (3-view) and if it wouldn't be any trouble, .pdf of the manual would be cool. Do you have pics of the Shell Oil trim. I would like to get some ideas, because this is a very beautiful bird. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2002, 05:40 PM
tmproff

Ok I will give you a top/side view in a jpg format, and a pdf version of the manual. And I'll try to send you some pics of the trim scheme I'm going to use, or at least base my scheme on.