Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

OS 160 with Bisson Pitts muffler

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OS 160 with Bisson Pitts muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 06:54 AM
Re-Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 160 with Bisson Pitts muffler

I have a few posts up about the creek hobbies Katana S 120. I put the OS 160 on it and the Bisson muffler hits the cowl. I put on the spacer because the muffler was really close to the engine mounts. Is it ok to remove the spacer? How close is OK for the muffler to be to the mounts?
I would like to keep from having to cut openings for the front corners of the cowl if possible. This is really a great looking plane!

Thanks
Old 08-17-2003, 04:22 PM
rockmon

Depends on what the mount is made of, if the mount is metal make sure it does not touch or you could get glitches from the metal to metal. If the mount is plastic or carbon use a dremmel and make some room. I had the same thing happen with one of my Giles but didn't notice it untill the corners worked their way through, (bummer).
Old 08-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Re-Builder

Well, I got the spacer out and it still hits. I really am trying not to have to cut openings but it looks like I will have to. At least they will be on the bottom. When you say to take a Dremmel to it and make some room, how much room? 1/8th inch?? I am using the stock motor mount - black. The muffler is touching it but not pressing on it.

What I may do is since I have to cut to holes either way, I'll go to my LHS and see if they have a thinner shim for the muffler and space it out that way.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

Lee