Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Heli Guy Lookin' for a Plank

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Heli Guy Lookin' for a Plank

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 04:10 PM
nick_onelove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli Guy Lookin' for a Plank

I've been into helis for about 7-8 months now and I'm able to do loops, rolls, a little inverted, and some sloppy tic-tocs if its a good day.

As my heli fleet grew and grew it started to seem more and more riduculous that I had never even flown a plane, so I got myself a little ParkZone UM T-28 Trojan. I've got about 8 flights on it and I can't believe how well my heli "skills" translated to planes. I can throw that little plank around like a madman, I was amazed that I was cruising around inverted by like my third flight.I've also been playing around with some of the 3D planes on RealFlight and they're a blast, its hilarious how similar "hanging on the prop" is to hovering a heli, which I guess should make sense. So I want to step up to a more powerful plane.

However I'd also like something very durable and able to slow way down for landing. Most of my plane landings are pretty rough and I've crashed twice, but the foam T-28 just brushes it off.

Am I asking for too much? Is there a plane out there that's durable/easy to repair, easy to fly and land with the throttle low, but then a 3D monster when you want it to be?