Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Gas engine and prop combo

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Gas engine and prop combo

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Props4ever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gas engine and prop combo

I have Sach 4.2 70cc gas engine on my Bud Nosen P-51B Mustang, it's recommended prop size is 24x10.

What i like to know, how 23x8 wide blade prop will perform on this engine?

Would i be able to fly my Mustang with this prop or not?

Similar question goes for 20x10 prop just to test the engine on the ground, not flying, what kind or RPMs will i see on this engine

OR

using smaller prop should not be used on this engine..

Sam
Old 08-01-2011, 03:37 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: Gas engine and prop combo

Sounds like a similar load. If you have the prop, mount it and try it with a tach. Your airplane won't explode on the ground. Lower pitch wont be as fast on the top end and I'd say if I were flying a 3D plane of a simlar weight I'd try the smaller prop but stick with the higher pitch prop for a warbird, but the only way to tell the proper engine/prop combination for a particular plane and flying style, is to fly it and see
Old 08-01-2011, 08:02 AM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas engine and prop combo

I have a couple of 50CC that recommend a 23x10....seems to me that a 23 on a 70CC might be under proped making a lot of prop noise. You 'd probably get more pull and speed with the bigger diameter prop....Do you have the ground clearence?