Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

.40 Thunder Tiger

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

.40 Thunder Tiger

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:37 PM
LPL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .40 Thunder Tiger

Mastered the trainer and now ready to raise the bar. On a budget and will have use the hardware from the trainer, i.e. .40 size engine, servos, etc. What plane do you recommend for the .40 size Thunder Tiger engine, thanks?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: .40 Thunder Tiger

The World Models Skyraider Mark II,, about $90+ shipping or Tax if you order it through your local Hobby shop,, Good flying symmetrical low wing plane with basic aerobatic capability,, all your trainer gear will fit right in.

good luck
Old 08-11-2011, 02:49 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have think you have the flights mastered pretty well, a Sig 4 Star 40 would be a good 2nd plane. Its a low wing design and is plenty capable of doing all kinds of stuff when you are ready for it. It comes in a kit form as well as an arf and all your standard servos that you have now on your trainer will work on it.
Good luck,
John

edit: I see Scale only for me has replied right before I did. His recommendations of the World Models SkyRaider Mach II is also a good choice. We here in Alabama are using the WM SkyRaider for Club 40 pylon racing and they are a good solid plane!! And to boot, we are using the Thunder Tiger Pro 40 engines as well in them!! So there ya go
Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 PM
LPL

John & Scale Only 4 me

Thanks for the rapid feed back.  I was just looking at the Sig 4 star and they are out of stock.  Apparently this is a hot seller.  What are your thought on the Escapade, they are in stock.  Reviewing several threads, woundering if the .40 size would be too little power for the 40 size Escapade, your advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Larson From Thibodaux, LA.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:26 PM
LPL

Scale Only 4 Me,

I really like the looks of this plane, if it flies as good as it looks that would be great.   It's different than other planes on the market.  Thanks for the advice my friend.  Cleveland is a nice place, been there once.

Thanks,
Larson

Old 08-11-2011, 05:47 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm not sure the differences between the mark 1 and mark II but I'm sure it's minor, I have flown the Mark II and the 4-star, that Escape and 4-star are fine choices too.. IMO that configuration is a good move from a trainer.

Cleveland nice?? Some will argue,, There's good and bad just like any big city,, I like where it I live,, not so much come February

Good luck and welcome to RCU
Old 08-11-2011, 05:49 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a fyi, you can also get the SkyRaider in solid colors( yellow,orange ,white,red,etc) and fly it as is or decorate it however you wish.
They DO fly good .
Old 08-11-2011, 05:55 PM
LPL

Thanks to both of you guys, really appreciate all the help!

Larson,
New Orleans, LA