Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

New Plane Suggestons

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

New Plane Suggestons

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Mad Mad Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Plane Suggestons

I have just retired my Lazy Bee. Now I'm looking for a new plane to utilize my OS 26 Surpass. What suggestions do you have for a plane that the OS four cycle would be an ideal match. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:45 PM
ARUP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Plane Suggestons

How about one like this? It used 1/4" x 48" dowels for LE. Dowels used for booms and uprights. OS 26fs mounted on maple rails supported by 1/4" dowels. Rec in pilot torso, battery in crate and other details can be gleaned from photo. 11 oz wing loading. Flew like a dream!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:52 AM
David Bathe

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Check out the small electric scale ARFs for example: http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc-planes-e...ft-450-arf.htm This one may be very slightly too much for the .26... but it'll fly. And I'd guess very nicely. I've done a few E-to glow conversions without serious modifiction. Just make sure the engine mount/box is well epoxied with some triangle balsa added to the edges and the occasional balso double added to any obvious places. Then just film over the lighting holes to stop fuel entering. Trust me, think smart/light... and these very light weight e-planes work perfectly with small IC engines. Just goes to show how much we've been over building.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ARUP,

Post your plan drawings.

I can get all the stock at my local HDWE store.