Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Is Anylink system any good

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Is Anylink system any good

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 AM
devil505
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Anylink system any good

I have been looking around at possibly getting a used 2.4 transmitter but came across the Anylink system. Has anyone used this system and if so is it worth it or should I just stick with my simple single channel radio. Thanks
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Is Anylink system any good

I guess the answer would depend on what you are going to use it for. I have one that I use to fly the Flyzone micro warbirds. The system works perfectly. It is simply a separate 2.4 gig module with the versitility to adapt to a lot of existing transmitters. Allowing that transmitter to broadcast on 2.4gig. But as with all systems, it works only with Flyzone, Tactic receivers and transmitter ready airplanes. It won't play the other brands. Each brand plays to it's own brand of receiver. A concept a lot of folks can't seem to grasp. So if you have one of the transmitters it adapts to, the Easy Link system makes conversion easy.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:12 PM
devil505
My Feedback: (3)

The main thing I am wonder is if the system is as reliable as a normal crystal system and will it work in a 40 size aircraft. I am mainly just trying to get away from a single channel because at the field I fly at there are other people on the same freqency and I am just looking for a good way to avoid any problems.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Steve Percifield

The manufacture says it has a range of 1000 feet. The system is designed for "park flyer" size models. A .40 would be on the upper end of this size. Would probably work. They offer the system in a sailplane. Yes, it would be just as reliable. But, you might want to check into "full range " systems.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:46 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: devil505

The main thing I am wonder is if the system is as reliable as a normal crystal system and will it work in a 40 size aircraft. I am mainly just trying to get away from a single channel because at the field I fly at there are other people on the same freqency and I am just looking for a good way to avoid any problems.

Devil I beleve the Anylink is just another proprietary combination of Rx's and a 2.4 module that will fit some transmitters. This is just a martketing ploy to compete with the plug and play series of airplanes from horizon.

Now its highly doubtful that your TX is a single channel Tx. First you must understand without any info on your tx (make and exact model) which you have neglected no one can properly answer your question. I beleve for the anylink it must be a module based tx which yours may well not be.

From your complaint about other flyers on the same frequency then the real solution to your propblem is to start thinking of a new system, a dedicated 2.4 radio system and not some cheap attempted add on.

John
Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Steve Percifield

The Any Link system is not module based and does not require a module equiped transmitter. It can convert many, including some older 72 meg trans, non module trans to 2.4 operation. It is limited to 1000 feet range. But it will work with Any Link transmitter ready aircraft, Tactic 2.4 receivers and Tower 2.4 recivers. It does require a buddy box plug on the transmitter, which is where it draws the PPM signal. I would suggest visiting the Any Link website for specifics on compatible transmitters.

But, for what it offers it is solid and reliable. I have hundreds of flights on several aircraft.

And , yes it is competeing with Horizon BNF stuff, but with Any Link you don't have to buy their transmitter.

And, If you are a serious modeler. I would suggest one of the full range systems. All Manufactures offer several levels of dedicated 2.4 equipment, and it all works.

steve
Old 12-28-2012, 02:40 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Steve on bringing us up to snuff on the Anylink setup. Since this poster question only seemed concerned with acheving frequency board freedom and he never posted his Tx info then its unlikely his setup would work for him especially since he stated he was flying a forty sized airplane then this whole idea becomes ill advisable considering the Anylinks stated range limitation.

Far better advice as I first posted as well as you is its time to start shopping a quality dedicated 2.4 system and not start pitching money away on makeshift add on's.

John