Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

u can do engine?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

u can do engine?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 AM
andizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default u can do engine?

looking at getting a u can do 40 size since my profile is no longer in one piece, anyone have any experence with these and a os 46 engine, just wondering if it will hover it at all or if i need to think about a different engine
Old 09-28-2011, 01:26 PM
hiTmanhiT

Default RE: u can do engine?

A .46 engine is way to small for the U-can-do 46! I don't understand why they call it a 46-sized plane!
I have found out that the ASP .91 four stroke is a perfect match for this airplane, and got excatly enough power to hover, and climb out of a hover. But still with that engine, there is not too much power.
So I would recommend a .90-sized four-stroke, anything smaller is to small I would guess. A .70-something-size, will make it hover, but won't be able to climb out reasonably.

It also balances perfect with a ASP .91 fourstroke without adding any weight.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:09 PM
andizzle

Default RE: u can do engine?

thanks man, i saw one out at our clubs fun fly the other day and when i was looking it up earlier on tower i was baffled if a .46 would acttually fly it