Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

JR921X receiver question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

JR921X receiver question

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Flyboy1958
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR921X receiver question

I have a new JR radio and a 921 receiver that came with it. I just switched from Futaba so this is a learning curve for me. The problem I just discovered is that my Hitec servo ends don't fit into the receiver. They are a touch too big. Does this mean I have to change the ends out on the Hitec servos to JR ends?
Just wondering if this is what everyone does or what? I only use Hitec servos because I like to program them.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Pablo Rc

Default RE: JR921X receiver question

You have to pull riberry knife and cut the 3 slots and write 010101

richard
Old 12-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Square Nozzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flyboy, If your Hitec servos have Futaba style connectors on them, all you have to do is shave the tabs off the side of the Hitec/Futaba connector. If the servo has a "universal" style connector they should fit into the JR receiver. Make sure you orient the connector so the chamfered corner on the servo connector is aligned with the chamfered corners on the JR receiver socket. I use JR and Hitec servos with the "universal" connectors on my JR systems with no connector issues. Some connectors will fit snug but properly aligned, they should be compatable. Changing connectors is not required. If you research any source for connector housings and pins (Hansen Hobbies for example) you'll find only two styles for servos and extension leads. They will be "universal" which is meant for JR, Hitec and Airtronics. The other style will be for Futaba.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:45 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pablo Rc

You have to pull riberry knife and cut the 3 slots and write 010101

richard
That's helpful!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:14 AM
pdm52956

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Flyboy1958

I have a new JR radio and a 921 receiver that came with it. I just switched from Futaba so this is a learning curve for me. The problem I just discovered is that my Hitec servo ends don't fit into the receiver. They are a touch too big. Does this mean I have to change the ends out on the Hitec servos to JR ends?
Just wondering if this is what everyone does or what? I only use Hitec servos because I like to program them.
I don't have that problem with my 921rx and Hitec servos. They are a little "snug" but I like that actually.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Flyboy1958

Thanks so much, part of the problem was the tab on the battery and the other problem was me not putting the plug in correctly. It's all good. Thanks